New 520 Owner - What class micro sd card?

Rowan2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
  • Case purchased? Check
  • Screen Protector? Check
  • MicroSim? Check
  • Micro SD Card? ....

So just come back from the store and got my Nokia Lumia 520. Have yet to open it as I'm waiting for the screen protector to arrive. I'd like to know what class SD card I should be looking to buy? I hear that there may be problems with class 10? I'm probably going to go with 16GB as it should be more than enough to hold photos, videos recorded with the camera. Does the current or upcoming Nokia camera app take lots of photos simultaneously which is why I'm concerned I may need a good micro sd card.

Finally, any advice for a new Nokia 520 owner? This is my first experience with Windows Phone 8. Upgrading from a Nokia 5800 with Symbian. Potentially, it looks like I've picked the right time with the recent WhatsApp update and soon Amber.

Thanks

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, the higher the class the better the transfer rates, the better the card. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, someone with more expertise and knowledge will know :).

Rowan2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
How is the auto backup on Skydrive? is it true it causes a folder in storage to fill up fast with cache? Don't mind using the cloud as an alternative to SD Card if there aren't any major flaws.

imcoool

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I am havin class 10 in transcend brand micro sd card, but can any1 tell, what file system shud b in sd card....

FAT32/NTFS/exFAt?

coz, already FAT32 didnt worked in my nokia lumia 520.

dhack21

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Smart Cam allows for taking photos simultaneously. Nokia Camera isn't officially supported however it can be installed with a little trickery.
Sent from my Lumia using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6