Find My Phone Issue

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this has been dicussed before, but the 'Find my phone' feature on my recently-purchased Lumia 520 appears to be kinda broken. Basically, when I'm scrolling down my Settings and I look at the Find My Phone option, under it is written 'off'. However if I actually tap into it where I can toggle my settings for it, it says it's on. Likewise, when I switch it off and I go back to my main Settings page it will say 'ring, lock, erase or find your phone', which I'm pretty sure is indicating that it is on.

Either way, the thing will never let me purchase stuff from the store via my PC as it always comes up with an error message.

The thing is though, it was working perfectly fine before - when I toggled it on it said it was on and when I toggled it off it said it was off. And I could install stuff from my PC just fine. A day or two after I purchased it though, it started this screwed up thing that I can't get my head around.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, do you know if there's a way to solve it?

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Australia.

Ok this is weird, I went to the WP website and asked it to locate my phone but it told me I have to enter my location and phone number before I can use the service. So I did that and now it's working (I had in the state where it was turned on by me but written as 'off' in the settings list)... but that doesn't make sense because if that was the case, then how the hell was I able to install apps from my PC before I had entered those details?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss