New Nokia Lumia 520 not detecting Micro SD Card

ZUBA1R

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello all I am new to the forum I've got a problem, recently I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 and its working smoothly well but the only problem is SD card is not detecting. I tried my old 1GB card first it didn't worked and SD card shows "Not Found" then i read that you have to format the SD card FAT32 I did the same but again SD card shows "Not Found" then I tried another SD card this time a 2GB but again SD card shows "Not Found" finally I tried a 4GB card but same problem (Note: All these 3 cards I tried on Lumia 520 are working well on other phones). I am very worried and want this problem to be solved quickly . So please help me an advice how should I solve this problem. Thanks *Waiting for all your replies* Thanks

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. If you upgraded from Symbian, try formatting it using your old phone.

If not, and the info on your microSD card isn't really important, buy a new one, and test it if it works first.

This is from a 620 user who doesn't need a microSD card.

ZUBA1R

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
@Rob Betts How to do the "Hard Reset" ? Could you please explain the procedure how did you solve this problem ? Thanks

pratikhjoshi

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have purchased new lumia 520 and with sandisk 16gb SD card but i have done with sd installation as per on site but yet not getting detection message on my phone kindly help me out on this.

Thanking you in Advance..

jimkraz

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I get this info if I restart my Lumia 520, but once boot is finished, I check and my Music and Photo Albums are there, yet it has asked me to re-format card, but it does pick it up and play my music fine.
I was getting same on my new 820, but after Amber it "seems" ok. Jim

pratikhjoshi

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I get this info if I restart my Lumia 520, but once boot is finished, I check and my Music and Photo Albums are there, yet it has asked me to re-format card, but it does pick it up and play my music fine.
I was getting same on my new 820, but after Amber it "seems" ok. Jim

Thank you for your revert back..

Amber? i dont have an idea about that can you please explaining?

I have check with other phone samsung and also check with pc its working fine in both.. so my card is okay there is a no diffectivness...

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue after i bought my phone, when i booted it up the phone said that there's a problem with the SD card, but after a few seconds the phone just automatically picked it up .. all my music from the card was showing up in the hubs and the phone settings was showing my SD card space with the internal memory.

pratikhjoshi

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have done with all possible way even i have checked my memory card with other device SD card have not an issue but yet not get detecting my SD card into phone... so guys kindly help me out for the same to resolve this issue..

pratikhjoshi

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have checked but i dnt thik so there is a probs with that even i have tried it to use other memory cards to use it but not getting success...

Callum Barber

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
hi, i had the same problem but i formatted my micro sd card on my computer then put it back in my phone then when to settings then about and pressed reset then the phone came back on and and asked me to use the micro sd card.

INT49S

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Guys, my Nokia Lumia 520 also didn't recognize my 16 GB Kingston Class 4 microSD card and while booting on it froze at NOKIA logo, but after I put a SanDisk 16 GB Class 10 microSD card, it booted up perfectly and accepted my SanDisk card. However, I searched for differences I had in those cards, obviously, Class ratings was different, but that wasn't the case this time. I went to properties for both cards, Kingston was formatted as follows: devided in two partitons, first partition - File system was FAT32 and Type was Logical (!), second partition - just unallocated space. SanDisk was formatted as follows: one partition, File system was also FAT32, but Type Primary. After that, I reformatted Kingston card with partition manager (I used EASEUS Partition Master) with those settings - one partition with FAT32 file system and type of this partition - Primary! After that, Nokia 520 booted up and recognized microSD.

Summary:
Check if your card's partition is formatted as Primary! If not, format it as FAT32, Primary. Worked well for me. Hope it helps.
microSD for WP as Primary.png

Mandak Zdravo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Guys, my Nokia Lumia 520 also didn't recognize my 16 GB Kingston Class 4 microSD card and while booting on it froze at NOKIA logo, but after I put a SanDisk 16 GB Class 10 microSD card, it booted up perfectly and accepted my SanDisk card. However, I searched for differences I had in those cards, obviously, Class ratings was different, but that wasn't the case this time. I went to properties for both cards, Kingston was formatted as follows: devided in two partitons, first partition - File system was FAT32 and Type was Logical (!), second partition - just unallocated space. SanDisk was formatted as follows: one partition, File system was also FAT32, but Type Primary. After that, I reformatted Kingston card with partition manager (I used EASEUS Partition Master) with those settings - one partition with FAT32 file system and type of this partition - Primary! After that, Nokia 520 booted up and recognized microSD.

Summary:
Check if your card's partition is formatted as Primary! If not, format it as FAT32, Primary. Worked well for me. Hope it helps.
View attachment 52398

Try copy all folders from SD Card on your PC, and after format your SD Card, back your folders from your PC on your SD Card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs