AT&T 520 Amber Update

vols1998

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Just jumped back into WP8 with a 520 on ATT. So, I checked and have the GDR2 but when I go into the Extras+Info it does not say Lumia Amber anywhere. When I double tap the screen, the lock screen does not appear. Am I missing something, a setting or something? I have checked for updates and it says I am up to date. My accessories agent is listed as1.9.1.42 and not the 2.5.3.3 listed on the screenshots for the Amber update.

Thanks for any help. It is a cool phone.

Mark

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey vols, everything would seem to suggest you haven't got GDR2. Under Settings>about phone>more information what is the firmware number you have listed?

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The at&t comes with it on there. Look under your touch+display settings for glance screen settings. You may or may not get amber but you have the basic stuff on there.

vols1998

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
It looks like I do not have the Amber update but I do have the GDR2 update. I am curious to what others with the 520 on ATT are finding. Looks like I am going to have to call ATT and find out what's up or Nokia.

vols1998

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
You are correct, I think , but when I go into extras and info, it should say Lumia Amber at the top and it does not. My version is lower than what it reads when a phone has amber. Plus I do not have double tap anywhere as a setting

vols1998

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I can use the radio feature in XBOX Music. Tried it earlier. It seems I have the GDR2 but some of Amber if that is even possible. I am going to call ATT and see what happens.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I must let you know that at&t won't know anything. That is how it is supposed to be and you sound like you only don't have the imaging upgrades.

vols1998

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved. My phone had not been fully updated. I see a bunch of updates in the store for Nokia apps, download and install and now Amber is there with everything. It was like a partial upgrade originally happened. All good now.

Thanks for the help.

Alucian de Souza

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved. My phone had not been fully updated. I see a bunch of updates in the store for Nokia apps, download and install and now Amber is there with everything. It was like a partial upgrade originally happened. All good now.

Thanks for the help.
is working the double touch?

vols1998

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
well, a new wrinkle. So I do a reset from the settings menu, next thing I know, Amber Update is no longer listed on the following boot up. Double Tap works, FM radio is still there but it no longer says Amber and the version in the extras+info menu is back to pre Amber. Very weird.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
well, a new wrinkle. So I do a reset from the settings menu, next thing I know, Amber Update is no longer listed on the following boot up. Double Tap works, FM radio is still there but it no longer says Amber and the version in the extras+info menu is back to pre Amber. Very weird.

I think you need to reinstall the Nokia updates. Download Lumia Pusher and check for updates if you have to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6