lumia 520 not starting up

Rosie Khan

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
hi my lumia 520 is about two months old and was running well, few days back the battery got low and phone powered off, i started to charge it but the charging sign would not show up only the 'nokia" screen was there then i opened back lifted the battery replaced it again to resume charging but the problem did not fix and now as i charge it or press the start button it vibrates the "nokia" screen comes then the light blue screen with nothing on it then screen goes blank, when the phone was working there used to b "windows phone " on the blue screen, then came the home screen with tiles, i think it is not booting please do help! i tried to press start and vol down button together but same thing happens.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes, Lithium-ion batteries have a nasty habit of refusing to charge if they are allowed to drain completely. If this has happened to yours then you may have to buy another battery. However, try leaving it plugged in for a few hours to see if it does charge back up again. If it doesn't, then you will have to get a new battery.

Rosie Khan

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
thanks, i got the same battery charged by a universal charger phone still did not boot, i even tried a new battery actually i think there is windows booting problem, any more advice please, thanks!

peelfox

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have the same problem. My phone was working fine, took out battery to change a sim card, then it would not start. Charged it for overnight still nothing.. Tested battery & it has virtually no power. Only screen I get is picture on battery charging. Help!

nick juniper

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
i am having same problem atm.... except im not at home so i cant check to see if it will charge... it happened with my samsung windows phone... so kinda terrified atm... someone please tell me exactly what they did to fix it

Sunny Pathak

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
You should try and take out the memory card. Although it all depends. It works, sometimes it doesn't. I think it's a software and not a hardware issue.

laxinitup34

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
You should try and take out the memory card. Although it all depends. It works, sometimes it doesn't. I think it's a software and not a hardware issue.

I just had the same problem where my phone wouldn't fully boot. And coincidentally it was immediately after I had reinstalled the micro sd card. The sd card had been in the phone for about 3 months with ZERO problems. The only thing I added to the card today was a 1:48 video. I tried removing the sd card and booting the phone without it installed and it has worked fine since. The sd card however must have been damaged in the process of transferring data, because it will not work in my asus tf300t tablet either.

Chriz09

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem and my lumia is 2 months old,I took out the sd card to do something put it back on tried turning it on didn't it displayed nokia then blue screen took it to the vodashop and was told there might be charges involved.I think it's kinda weird tha so many people have the same problem with new lumia cellphones

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
For everyone here, I had a similar issue and found the issue was due to a loose battery connectors I found while the battery was in i wedged a small piece of folded paper between the phone and the right side of the battery (make sure it's the right side). As I've found the 520 has poor quality battery receivers. This trick solved all reboots and failing to charge for me.... No issues ever since. Hope this helps even a few of you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Adam Chinery

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem - I only get the word "Nokia" on the black screen when I first turn it on, and it just stays there or goes off and then comes on again! I've tried the thing above, did it take a few goes to get it in the right place or do you literally just wedge it in? Thanks

Kunalya

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Dear Friends,
same Problem Got mee too, asked to nokia center , as suggested to reset like this and helped me a lot... got my windows phone written on blue screen....
All you need to do is to reset your phone by soft reset. Setting---->About Section-----> Reset Phone.
While resetting phone don't try to charge phone or take out battery, neither it wont work....

NYRbeezer

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Dear Friends,
same Problem Got mee too, asked to nokia center , as suggested to reset like this and helped me a lot... got my windows phone written on blue screen....
All you need to do is to reset your phone by soft reset. Setting---->About Section-----> Reset Phone.
While resetting phone don't try to charge phone or take out battery, neither it wont work....

Uhhh... if the phone won't start and turn on, how do you expect people to do this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers