Blinking red light lumia 520

anna liza

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
QUESTION ihave my nokia lumia 520 and i noticed that there is blinking red light at the top. does nokia lumia 520 i have it? but its very rare to blink example lowbat thats it.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What you're seeing is the proximity sensor of the device. This will activate once you receive or make a call. The main purpose of the proximity sensor is to disable the screen whenever you put the phone near your ear. This is to prevent you from accidentally disconnecting the call. This also works just by covering the sensor using your hand or any object. This feature is available to all other Nokia touch screen devices

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, there is a very small red light under the proximity sensor which blinks up when you call someone or when you press the lock button. But I am not sure whether if it blinks on low battery. :)

write2ashish80

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Proximity no working properly

I have nokia lumia 520 ,when i call someone and phone near to ear the screen is off but as i take phone away from ear, it cannot glow.
please guide me .what should i do.
Thanks
ASHISH KUMAR SHARMA

BorkasZG

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem with Nokia Lumia 520 and don't know what to do...i even tried phone reset but that didn't help...so I'm going to take the phone to Nokia Care Center and we'll see what is going to happen...but that's just weird that everyone have the same problem and they (Nokia/Microsoft) know about and the only thing they said to me is take your phone to care center...it's obvious that this is the software problem...or they just made phones with broken proximity sensors (LOL)

nikhil6352

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
hi guys, after amber update my proximity sensor not working for phone calls mean the screen is not shutting down even if I am receiving the call bcoz of this sometime calls got ended .
Anybody face this issue kindly suggest something

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
hi guys, after amber update my proximity sensor not working for phone calls mean the screen is not shutting down even if I am receiving the call bcoz of this sometime calls got ended .
Anybody face this issue kindly suggest something

I have experienced this problem twice. Restarting the phone solves it.

subhas bose

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I, Subhas Bose, would like to inform you that, I am using a Nokia Lumia 520 (Old IMEI no. (removed for privacy reasons), NewIMEI no. (removed for privacy reasons) which has already been repaired from Nokia care (Manasi (818_504886), 22/1, Ashutosh GhoshRoad, Sethpukur, Barasat, West Bengal, 700124, Contact No. 9874436633) for several times. But a new problem has been arisen. The upper red sensor of the phone; which generally blinks at calling time; I found that it is also blinking (in low brightness)when the phone is kept in lock screen condition. But when the phone is not in locked screen condition; it means when I am using the phone for internet;(not for talking) it's not blinking. It's normally glowing when I am calling. But it should not blink even in low brightness in lock screen condition. Why it is happening? What should be done?

Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I, Subhas Bose, would like to inform you that, I am using a Nokia Lumia 520 (Old IMEI no. -, NewIMEI no. -) which has already been repaired from Nokia care (Manasi (818_504886), 22/1, Ashutosh GhoshRoad, Sethpukur, Barasat, West Bengal, 700124, Contact No. 9874436633) for several times. But a new problem has been arisen. The upper red sensor of the phone; which generally blinks at calling time; I found that it is also blinking (in low brightness)when the phone is kept in lock screen condition. But when the phone is not in locked screen condition; it means when I am using the phone for internet;(not for talking) it's not blinking. It's normally glowing when I am calling. But it should not blink even in low brightness in lock screen condition. Why it is happening? What should be done?

Its probably normal.
You have double-tap-to-wake don't you? That feature makes use of the proximity sensor when activated.

subhas bose

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Its probably normal.
You have double-tap-to-wake don't you? That feature makes use of the proximity sensor when activated.

I appreciate you wholeheartedly. But according to different information of internet and opinions of users I am perplexed a bit. The sensor of my phone is generally blinking when I am taking. There is no any problem. But I noticed that the sensor is also barely seen when it is kept in locked screen condition. Then it blinks in very low brightness and you can see it if you notice it very minutely in darkness. It never blinks when I normally operate it for internet or any other purpose apart from talking.
Sir; you just inform me it is normal or not. I love my phone as much as my wife and any kind of abnormality gives me lot of pain. Please make me ascertain about that.

subhas bose

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
According to different information of internet and opinions of users I came to know that the sensor of NOKIA Lumia 520 only blinks at talking time. But I am perplexed a bit with my phone. The sensor of my phone (NOKIA Lumia 520) is generally blinking when I am taking. There is no any problem. But I noticed that the sensor is also barely visible when it is kept in locked screen condition. Then it blinks in very low brightness and you can see it if you notice it very minutely in darkness. It never blinks when I normally operate it for internet or any other purpose apart from talking.
Sir; you just inform me it is normal or not. I love my phone as much as my wife and any kind of abnormality gives me lot of pain. Please make me ascertain about that

Kunalya

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
This denim update is really getting problem, as some of my old,apps aren't installing now , because showing me an error 80004005.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
This denim update is really getting problem, as some of my old,apps aren't installing now , because showing me an error 80004005.

What has this to do with the subject of this thread. Please use a new post or check for a thread with this failure code.

subhas bose

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
If you have a Nokia Lumia 520, just lock it's screen and try to see it's upper side red sensor minutely in darkness. Can it be seen or not? Is it blinking in low brightness? Inform me. If you can do it, that would be great for me. I'm avidly waiting for your reply. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss