When Amber update/gdr2 will come on lumia 520 in India ?

Shishir Girjapurkar

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I have lumia 520 ..... when i connected my mobile to nsu/ncs it show's an update bt that firmware version is already there in my mobile . !!
When/ how i can update my mobile to amber .!! can i use any other region amber update in my mobile like US or something like that .!! Would it work .!
Because in US at&t lumia 520 already has amber update ...so can it be happen to use it in India ?

Sohan Mahajan

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry u must have received language pack update... OTA amber update for any lumias except 925,1020. is nowhere even in US 2... that lumia 520 running amber is preloaded with amber...so don't worry you'll receive it in a week or 2...

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Shishir to Smartphone Angst, characterised in this instance as Pre-Update Tension (PUT). A condition suffered by all Smartphone users except Apple users, who suffer PUD - Post Update Depression or is that it? syndrome.

We all wait and dream of Datasense. :)

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I talked to live chat support today.. This is what guy had to say.
"I can not comment but may be today or tomorrow you may get this update.
Amber update has been al ready launched on late evening of 15.08.2013. According to device RM and firmware you will get notification of update."

Shishir Girjapurkar

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i have also talked to nokia care chat ..they say that it has already launched on 15 aug late ....!!! u will get notification withing one or 2 days ..just waiting hope this time they will be correct ...!! because for lumia 920 amber update is there available in india and 820 is coming soon as per Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia ...so what is meant by waiting for approval ...!! hope it will available soon for l520 ....!! finger crossed ..

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I also sent an email to nokia. Surprisingly I received a call just some minutes from now. They said that Nokia's update will be rolled out phone by phone. But the update won't be late than 1st September. The guy explained that Nokia doesn't wanna push all updates at once and overload servers so that the updaters get failed updates and brick their devices. o.0?

Anyways I was sleeping at that moment and so I didn't argue. xD Lets hope for best..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99