Unlocking Service??

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My wife is heading back to Africa this December and needed 3 cheap phones so I suggested the Lumia 520. Does anyone know of a confirmed site to unlock these things?

jt1234

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
unlockforcheap.com
I just did this last night at 8:00PM Central and I had my unlock code within 1hour for $15.
That is for the new att 520

Jive Turkey

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
ATT will unlock it for free. Try this website: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fwww.att.com%2Fdeviceunlock%2F&token=hvbFTbUi
If that doesn't work, call them on 611. Tell them that you're moving overseas and they'll give you an unlock code straight away. I did this a few days ago.
You may want to ask about tethering as well. I neglected to do that and now I can't tether even though I'm using an Australian SIM that allows tethering. I didn't realise that ATT restrict the phone somehow :(

halooo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
My wife is heading back to Africa this December and needed 3 cheap phones so I suggested the Lumia 520. Does anyone know of a confirmed site to unlock these things?

Unlocking your Nokia Lumia 520 can be done by two ways....
1. Contacting your service provider
2. Using Online service
Online service is recommended as you can unlock your phone from anywhere in the world...I have experience in unlocking my phone with the help of Simpleunlocking.com where you need to provide the network and country that your phone is locked to....They provide you with unlock code and free instructions to unlock your phone...

Asleeper2

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
ATT will unlock it for free. Try this website: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fwww.att.com%2Fdeviceunlock%2F&token=lpXIJGzD
If that doesn't work, call them on 611. Tell them that you're moving overseas and they'll give you an unlock code straight away. I did this a few days ago.
You may want to ask about tethering as well. I neglected to do that and now I can't tether even though I'm using an Australian SIM that allows tethering. I didn't realise that ATT restrict the phone somehow :(

The Lumia 520 isn't eligible for unlocking through the online form. I called ATT and explained to them I was going on a trip abroad next month (which is true) and asked if they could unlock it for me. After placing me on a brief hold, the CS lady gave me the unlock code. I put the code in and Voila.......an unlocked L520.

However, I also should mention that I am a long-term ATT customer with an account in good standing and they verified this first before giving me the code. I'm not sure how well this will work for non-customers.

ob2s

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Here is an update on this. AT&T will NOT provide unlock codes over the phone anymore. You have to use this webform. Device Unlock If you have a go-phone and you've owned it less than 6 months you can NOT obtain the unlock code. It doesn't matter if you've had an AT&T account for 3 years, it is how long you have had the handset. The AT&T stores also have been told not to give ouy unlock codes. They say call Cust Service who tell you to use the form. Also there is not a paid service available that can unlock the 520, all currently show 'NOT Currently available' and others say, you have to obtain permission from the carrier before they can unlock, which is useless since if you have permission, you don't need a middle man unless you like throwing $ away. Bummer, I need to go to France and will just have to buy a shyte unlocked phone off ebay.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Here is an update on this. AT&T will NOT provide unlock codes over the phone anymore. You have to use this webform. Device Unlock If you have a go-phone and you've owned it less than 6 months you can NOT obtain the unlock code. It doesn't matter if you've had an AT&T account for 3 years, it is how long you have had the handset. The AT&T stores also have been told not to give ouy unlock codes. They say call Cust Service who tell you to use the form. Also there is not a paid service available that can unlock the 520, all currently show 'NOT Currently available' and others say, you have to obtain permission from the carrier before they can unlock, which is useless since if you have permission, you don't need a middle man unless you like throwing $ away. Bummer, I need to go to France and will just have to buy a shyte unlocked phone off ebay.

Thanks for the update. I know that the law in the USA changed recently regarding unlocking handsets so it looks like AT&T are just implementing the law with a passion.
It's a shame that they are behaving like this though because it's unfair to the customer.
I'm in the UK and my network (Virgin Mobile UK) don't even lock the phones they sell anymore. So if I was to buy a Lumia 720 or whatever from them it would arrive on my doorstep completely unlocked and unbranded. This makes good business sense for them because it means that they don't have to employ anyone to test and approve firmware updates and of course software engineers to customise the firmware with Virgin branding.
It's a shame that other networks or carriers don't do the same thing instead of having total autonomy over the phones that they sell.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb