Official Lumia 520 Amber Update Thread

rush4you

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I just updated my phone to 1030.6408.1309.0001 (I'm using a Movistar phone from Peru) with NSU. But FM Radio does not appear to be there, did I do something wrong?

rush4you

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
its not Amber

Whoa! Thanks for the reply.
If I decide to flash the update via Nokia Care, will I lose the cellular data configuration? (don't care about the rest of the branding stuff) My phone isn't even listed on Waiting for approval for Movistar, I may just end flashing it anyway.

xumit

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Whoa! Thanks for the reply.
If I decide to flash the update via Nokia Care, will I lose the cellular data configuration? (don't care about the rest of the branding stuff) My phone isn't even listed on Waiting for approval for Movistar, I may just end flashing it anyway.

yes it will format all the data. I don't know any other way to save cellular data settings other than writing it somewhere for later use.

Nirajan Sharma

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you xumit for sharing the torrent and hello to all torrent seeders. I was tired of waiting so I have started the torrent. Please seed as I have a 2G connection and it would take almost 24 hours. Thank you everyone.

astamicu

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. Quick question.

I'm from Romania and i have Vodafone. On the availability list it appears available but i can't update to Amber.
1. If the phone was bought unlocked does this mean i have to wait for the country variant to be available?
2. Also my phone shows manufacturer name as: rm-914_eu_hungary...does this mean i have to wait for the country variant or vodafone to be available in Hungary and not Romania?

Thanks

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. Quick question.

I'm from Romania and i have Vodafone. On the availability list it appears available but i can't update to Amber.
1. If the phone was bought unlocked does this mean i have to wait for the country variant to be available?
2. Also my phone shows manufacturer name as: rm-914_eu_hungary...does this mean i have to wait for the country variant or vodafone to be available in Hungary and not Romania?

Thanks

If you bought an unlocked version of the phone, I think you'd have to wait for the country variant. But you can always flash the Rom that was uploaded here.

Nirajan Sharma

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Please guys, seed the torrent as I am on 2G with very slow speed. It would still take 18+ hours to complete! I need the update anyways as I could not imagine downloading the rom with nsu or ota with such a pathetic connection. So guys keep the torrent alive.

Nirajan Sharma

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
@aditya lele: LOL! I've seen you stuck at 93% since morning!:smile: I too am requesting the torrent creator and users whose download is complete to seed the torrent.

xumit

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Guys I'm seeding it but I alone cant keep it alive all the time. I've seeded 5gb+ and still seeding. Im requesting others to seed too.

F1_Sturmer

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, AFAIK only the AT&T ROM has double tap to wake up the phone, but don't have the DataSense App. Is there any ROM that has both options; DoubleTap and DatatSense?

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, AFAIK only the AT&T ROM has double tap to wake up the phone, but don't have the DataSense App. Is there any ROM that has both options; DoubleTap and DatatSense?

Makes sense. As the option for Double tap to wake was there when I had ATT's branded firmware on the phone but now that I have unbranded amber, there's no tap to wake but data sense is there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb