Official Lumia 520 Amber Update Thread

Aritra Sarkar

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I finally got Nokia Pro Cam on Lumia 520. I did it via Cellular Network, and not via Wi-Fi because I don't have it.
View attachment 44239
View attachment 44240
View attachment 44241

this method is for those who doesn't have Wi-Fi. Go to access point menu of Settings. Then click add. Then Give a name for connection, and then enter access point of your SIM card operator. then enter proxy address and port mentioned early in this topic. addr: 117.135.139.179 port: 8888. it will ask for MMS APN, press ok. then follow same process as on wifi, and activate that access point, change language region , and time zone as in proxy technique. then
head to How To Install Nokia Pro Cam On Non-PureView Lumia Phones | TechTree.com... scan qr code using bing vision. and press install. After download interrupted, press home button, then go to settings -> access point -> long press your newly created access point, then edit access point , erase proxy and port and save it. then go to download and try it again. your download will start automatically.

View attachment 44242
View attachment 44243
View attachment 44244

thanks a lot , installed pro cam using your methods

guruprasad2013

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 520 today with wifi and the firmware changed from 8.0.10211.204
to 8.0.10328.78 and my Firmware revision is now 1030.6408.1309.0002.
I checked for Radio option in the Music and video section and found no option for
Radio. Also the flip action is not there and the camera options are the same. In short none
of the added features are enabled as claimed by the update message. I am using Lumia
520 since 8 April 2013 and my service provider is BSNL.:angry:

guruprasad2013

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 520 today with wifi and the firmware changed from 8.0.10211.204
to 8.0.10328.78 and my Firmware revision is now 1030.6408.1309.0002.
I checked for Radio option in the Music and video section and found no option for
Radio. Also the flip action is not there and the camera options are the same. In short none
of the added features are enabled as claimed by the update message. I am using Lumia
520 since 8 April 2013 and my service provider is BSNL.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Download an app called lumia update/pusher and update all system apps. If you don't alot of the new options don't show.

I have a 520 and have flip to silence, lumia color profile, camera button assigning, call and sms filter, datasense.

520 doesn't have radio built in hence no radio after update.

F3niX

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
My Phone got updated to 8.0.10328.78 but firmware is still at 1030 and Amber wasnt installed(no FM or any other features).
Looks like only GDR2 got installed. Anyone else in India facing the same issue?

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I am not from india, but as cw1988 allready said: download sysapp pusher.

I had GDR2 installed but not Amber for somr reason , too.

How I got Amber:
1. Open Sysapp App Pusher but dont update anything
2. Switch to the Phone Update Section and check for update (it will show none).
3. Switch to the store and check for App Updates.

Somewhere in this progress, you will get updates for some system apps like Extras + Infos in settings. There you will then see a big yellow "Amber" Text. After that I got some morr App Updates including Touchscreen etc. (all in settings) which enabled the amber features.

I dont find it very consistent but the GDR2 / Amber Update is part Rom- part App Update and the App Update Part sometimes doesnt catch up

sourabh grover

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday i upgrade my L520 to Lumia Amber via WIFI, it takes more space than usual, now i want to upgrade manually via NSU, can anyone tell me the end to end procedure?

Last edited:

Vishal Sevani

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I am not from india, but as cw1988 allready said: download sysapp pusher.

I had GDR2 installed but not Amber for somr reason , too.

How I got Amber:
1. Open Sysapp App Pusher but dont update anything
2. Switch to the Phone Update Section and check for update (it will show none).
3. Switch to the store and check for App Updates.

Somewhere in this progress, you will get updates for some system apps like Extras + Infos in settings. There you will then see a big yellow "Amber" Text. After that I got some morr App Updates including Touchscreen etc. (all in settings) which enabled the amber features.

I dont find it very consistent but the GDR2 / Amber Update is part Rom- part App Update and the App Update Part sometimes doesnt catch up

This is not working for me!!

Nikhilteja

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Download NSU and install it.
Open the application and connect your phone to the computer. The application automatically reads the firmware and software details of the phone and will check for any updates. If it shows any updates then update it.

Note: All the data on the phone will get erased.

Kenneth Tejada

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
just updated my lumia 520!! wow it's good for having fm radio!:D also there is an update in a display menu on settings.. the lumia color profile and boom! cool! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos