Official Lumia 520 Amber Update Thread

Ymanish

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
if i update my phone too via nsu, is it true that the warranty goes void on my phone?? please help

dont know that...but one of guys said nokia care center fixed his fone and he has flashed his before.....process is really simple for flashing and nokia frustrated me, therefore i went for it and i feel its good

Abhi iyer

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Updated via nsu...got everything...definite 10% battery improvement and os feels little faster.

I tried to update via NSU and the current firmware version number is 1030.6408.1309.0002 and when I connect my phone and check for update, it shows that I can update my phone to 1030.6409.1314.1002. What should i do in this case!! please help!!update.jpg

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
so I updated to Amber with NSU, the firmware etc is 3xxx.. now .. that's good .. i'm seeing some new things, but not a lot :p

i can't seem to find the cell number or sms block options, where are those located ?

OsamaAdam98

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I just updated my lumia 520 here in Egypt OTA I found almost everything but not the double tap to awake function

Anyone here from Egypt who can confirm double tap isn't available in this region?

nithin r

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Download an app called lumia update/pusher and update all system apps. If you don't alot of the new options don't show.

I have a 520 and have flip to silence, lumia color profile, camera button assigning, call and sms filter, datasense.

520 doesn't have radio built in hence no radio after update.
lumia 520 has radio but not in 620

8817avijit

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
if i update my phone too via nsu, is it true that the warranty goes void on my phone?? please help

no it will not void the warranty.I have successfully updated my phone.After update it will restore the warranty to its original state

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Abhi iyer

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
did u downloaded the rom for 520???....nsu can update only if u have rom

I used the Nokia Software Updater for Retail version 3.0.8 and when i connect the phone it shows me the screen that i posted in my previous post. Could you help me in getting the rom for 520 and also is this the right version Nokia Software Updater for Retail that i am using??

Thanks

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I used the Nokia Software Updater for Retail version 3.0.8 and when i connect the phone it shows me the screen that i posted in my previous post. Could you help me in getting the rom for 520 and also is this the right version Nokia Software Updater for Retail that i am using??

Thanks

I used the same version, I didn't download any extra 'Rom' that is being suggested .. the NSU told me that the update 3xxx is available, so I downloaded it. It was about 1.3GB in size, and now I'm on Amber.

Abhi iyer

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I used the same version, I didn't download any extra 'Rom' that is being suggested .. the NSU told me that the update 3xxx is available, so I downloaded it. It was about 1.3GB in size, and now I'm on Amber.

What was the firmware version of your phone before you got on to amber?? and also i checked today with the nokia care center and they said that amber will be available OTA for all lumia by the end of this month and the reason why some phones got the GDR2 update and not the amber is because of the product code of each phone. Amber is being released prioritizing on the product codes of each lumia phones.

Ymanish

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Thanks

In this thread go to 14th page and read the comments of sahil...he has given the link to download the rom and the process to flash the device. Just follow the instruction. From comment no 340 u can download the rom and from comment no 349 u can see the simple procedure

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
What was the firmware version of your phone before you got on to amber?? and also i checked today with the nokia care center and they said that amber will be available OTA for all lumia by the end of this month and the reason why some phones got the GDR2 update and not the amber is because of the product code of each phone. Amber is being released prioritizing on the product codes of each lumia phones.

My firmware was 1xxx version before, now it's 3xxxx and i've got all the amber updates on my phone eg the radio, color temperature settings etc. I didn't 'flash' the ROM of my phone, I simply downloaded NSU, connected my phone via USB and NSU did the rest, it told me the update 3xxx is available and i downloaded it, the installation happened automatically and after a lengthy reboot the phone was Amber.

All my contacts reverted back too when I signed in with my microsoft account, so I didn't loose a single thing (besides previously installed apps) in my transition.

xumit

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that the battery on my 520 drains rather quickly in stand-by.

even I've noticed battery drains. But not every time. After rebooting phone once, battery goes back to normal. I think ut happened twice in my use of one month of 520. But overall battery improved for me after amber.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786