Official Lumia 520 Amber Update Thread

KK SARMA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
can anyone tell me, L520 supports which video format, is there any video player which plays all files.

It supports mp4, avi, wmv, 3gp, m4v, mov @ 1080p, 30fps. MKV, FLV, MPG are not supported, and there is no player that supports all formats. There are some video players on store that support .flv.

Srini74

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
All, who have moved to Amber.....I am noticing a strange behaviour in my phone....when I use 2G browsing, the battery drains at certain pace....now I switch of 2G Data...and the phone is pretty much standby....Even then the battery keeps draining at the same pace as if I use data browsing, this happens for almost 30-45 mins even after I switch off the 2G Data and then the battery % stabilizes. After this the % remains same even for hours together when no activity is done.

When the phone is standby the battery should not drain right....Has any one experienced this or its only me......I suspect the OS do not handle battery meter well...would like to know other opinion...This was not the case before Amber..I notice this only now.

guruprasad2013

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have authentic feedback from Nokia and as per that information, Amber update is
yet to be activated and so the version is now 1030......... There will be another update soon and
all our 520 will be then 3XXX......and all features will be active. No worry friends.Pleased wait!

KK SARMA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Any body experiencing this issue.. The Data Sense is showing wrong statistics. I purchased 1 GB pack from AirTel, and set limit as 1023 MB as limit in Data sense. After 4 days I checked in data sense.. it showed that you have 808 MB remaining, but when I checked in Airtel from *123*10# it showed you have 802MB left. every day data sense is lagging about 900 kB from Airtel. By this it will show up entirely wrong statistics at the end of the plan.

nithin r

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
It supports mp4, avi, wmv, 3gp, m4v, mov @ 1080p, 30fps. MKV, FLV, MPG are not supported, and there is no player that supports all formats. There are some video players on store that support .flv.

Store has yxplayer that can play mkv,flv but it's not free

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans