Official Lumia 520 Amber Update Thread

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Get good battery life block all apps running on background and uninstall useless apps turn off location, Bluetooth,tap and send disconnect xbox when not use and other services..now battery last long

sahil1990

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
For peeps having trouble updating there phones...

Lumia 520 RM-914 3046.0000.1329.2001 VAR IMEA IN CV <<< Download Indian Variant Rom

Nokia Software Updater <<< Download NSU

Install NSU and put the extracted "RM-914" folder in C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products
then disconnect your internet and run NSU in offline mode (You can also change online/offline mode without disconnecting internet, for that you need to go to settings in NSU)

then connect your L520 and click on Update ;)
Enjoy Amber !!

Kenneth Tejada

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
amber is rolling out every region world wide thanks to nokia... but wait there's more.. another update is soon to be release this upcoming month, it's the BITTERSWEET SHIMMER UPDATE packing with GDR3 this time :) patience guys

Ymanish

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
amber is rolling out every region world wide thanks to nokia... but wait there's more.. another update is soon to be release this upcoming month, it's the BITTERSWEET SHIMMER UPDATE packing with GDR3 this time :) patience guys

We will get the ubittersweet shimmer update in dec or jan.

sushilkumar4

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
For peeps having trouble updating there phones...

Lumia 520 RM-914 3046.0000.1329.2001 VAR IMEA IN CV <<< Download Indian Variant Rom

Nokia Software Updater <<< Download NSU

Install NSU and put the extracted "RM-914" folder in C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products
then disconnect your internet and run NSU in offline mode (You can also change online/offline mode without disconnecting internet, for that you need to go to settings in NSU)

then connect your L520 and click on Update ;)
Enjoy Amber !!

Could you pls Upload it to your Sky drive Account . getting a " network error" On uploadbaaz .

Also , Will updating it will wipe Out all my settings and data ??

was talking to Nokia care guys nd they are pathetic.. buggers first tells me he is not comfortable with national language and than falters in speaking queens language as well ..

Need a alternate other to update it...don;t have wifi ...

Ymanish

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Could you pls Upload it to your Sky drive Account . getting a " network error" On uploadbaaz .

Also , Will updating it will wipe Out all my settings and data ??

was talking to Nokia care guys nd they are pathetic.. buggers first tells me he is not comfortable with national language and than falters in speaking queens language as well ..

Need a alternate other to update it...don;t have wifi ...

yes nsu is not downloading from that link, gives netwrk error. Just google it...u will find it

Ymanish

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes all the apps will be deleted , u have u download them again...u can take backup of few apps like whatsapp , wechat....contacts will be back as they are synchronized with ur microsoft id

sushilkumar4

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes all the apps will be deleted , u have u download them again...u can take backup of few apps like whatsapp , wechat....contacts will be back as they are synchronized with ur microsoft id
Thanks for that. a friend with his 820 did a OTA update via Wifi and he was able to save all his apps etc ...

Anyways, not worth the hassle IMO . I created a wifi spot in my laptop But my 520 is unable to detect that spot. Where as Other androids are able to identify and connect via this Laptop.

really today , I realised my folly of going for windows phone.. guess they are made for people with wifi as u have no way to update it... frustrating...

BorkasZG

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
unable to turn on double tap to wake up. when i open settings/touch i can see on/off button and it shows just for a second and then just disappears and I'm only able to change touch sensitivity...i had a problem with changing colors/themes after update (before amber) and factory reset fixed that...i don't know if factory reset will fix this and will it remove my amber update...any one with the same problem?

Ymanish

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
unable to turn on double tap to wake up. when i open settings/touch i can see on/off button and it shows just for a second and then just disappears and I'm only able to change touch sensitivity...i had a problem with changing colors/themes after update (before amber) and factory reset fixed that...i don't know if factory reset will fix this and will it remove my amber update...any one with the same problem?

double tab to wake is not available for 520. So do not waste ur time thinking about it

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster