Official Lumia 520 Amber Update Thread

sourabh grover

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
how do i change my profile pic in L520 in contacts. I tried it posts to hotmail account and it reflects in hotmail, but didnt change in mobile.,is there any other way to change?

Ashok Natarajan1

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Downloading via WI-fi should be an option.It should not be a restriction.People who dont care about carrier charges or people who don't have wi-fi access will be restricted from updating or installing the applications.it will be better if it is a alert or somrthing which prompts the user to confirm if they really want to continue without wifi.
This is very import fix which all lumia users expect in upcoming updates.
For the native nokia smart phone users,mainly who used symbian.File manager is some thing they miss in lumia.

Ashok Natarajan1

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Do copy-paste between sd card and phone memory via pc works well.i am facing problem,whenever i cut files in phone memory and paste in sd card only one file is moved with multiple names.

sourabh grover

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i am using L520, but i am unable to change my profile pic in my cell. I choose a pic upload to hotmail but then no change, still a old one display, can anyone have any clue how to change the profile pic in L520. Thank You

Ramkumarvcbe

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I haven't updated my Lumia to AMBER yet. Could a Nokia Customer Care Centre do it for me at their facility??? I've no wi-fi connection here to upgrade.

Jaroslav Hruska

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Please, can anybody write here what kind of AT&T firmware you have where is Double Tap to Wake?

I would like to install it as well.
It should be something like: 3043.0000.1324.0001

My firmware is:
wp_ss_20131129_0001.png

How to find it?
Settings -> About -> More info -> Firmware revision number: XXX

Thank you very much.
Jaroslav

bob_v2

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I just bought a lumia locked on ATT.
Do you know if i flash my rom for an another operator, it change also the unlock code?
I ask because I will be in Mexico next week and If i flash my phone with an Mexican Rom, i know where i can ask for an unlock code...

Thanks.

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a 520 on o2 today, checked for updates once I was connected to the net and it says I am already fully up to date

Just checking that this is the latest update ?

wp_ss_20131203_0002.png

wp_ss_20131203_0003.png

Devmer11

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
hey guys I really hate to ask i'm a windows phone 7.8 guy coming just now to windows phone 8 but do I have all the latest updates for my device wp_ss_20131214_0008_Fotor.jpg

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
OS version: 8.0.10328.78 or 8.0.10327.77 is GDR2, which comes with the Lumia Amber update (Firmware revision number: 3046.0000.1329.20xx)

If you install the Update 3 preview, your Firmware revision number will be the same as Lumia Amber, but your OS version will be higher.

Users who have not installed the preview will get Update 3 along with the Lumia Black update (which is expected soon).

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hate to ask this but I searched around and can't find a clear answer:

I have OS version 8.0.10328.78...so it should be GDR2, no ? But I do not have the Call Block feature added at all...normally it should be there.
If I check update, it says I'm allready up to date...

Can anyone explain to me why I do not have the added feature as supposed to ? Thanks very much for the information (if anyone can provide it here).

Nice summary thread btw.

DegsIreland

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I have a question. Prob a dumb question, but here goes. Does Amber Update put software on your Lumia phone which requires an app that eats data? Do you have to keep a data app open, to run the new amber software? I'm looking at getting a Nokia Lumia 925, and am hoping it has fm radio (no service provider was able to tell me if it's on the phone, but gsmarena website says it has.) It seems some 925s have fm radio, and some don't. I'm joping that all 925s have the FM transmitter, it's just that some need it to be activated.

I don't want to use up my lowly 1Gb of monthly data with the plan I'm looking at getting. In a nutshell, will using FM radio on amber software upgrade destroy my miserable lonely data Gb?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos