Best app for instant messaging?

daninthemix

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
As a former Blackberry user, I was spoiled by BBM, which notifies you whenever you get a new message and gives read receipts.

So far I've tried Whatapp, and that doesn't even appear to always receive messages unless you wake up the phone and go back into the app.

Is there any instant messaging app available for Nokia Lumia 520 that can run in the background and always notifies you when a message is received? Finally, are there any that offer message read receipts?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You can always use SMS ;)

On a side note, it really depends on what your friends use. I've heard that WeChat and Line are both suitable candidates.
Lastly, Whatsapp has improved lately.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Whatsapp has improved a lot! Apart from it and the ones mentioned above, you can try Viber, TextMe, IM+ for multiple IM services, ICQ, JiTalk, OctroTalk, Talk.To, etc.

daninthemix

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm using, as far as I'm aware, the latest version of Whatsapp and still not always being notified of new messages.

Can anyone recommend a single messaging app that does, and preferably gives read receipts, rather than just listing every app on the marketplace?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I am using (or have used) all mentioned above and they all seem to work fine (as long as I am connected to data). Again its up to your personal preference and the people who you wish to IM, depending on what IM they are on you need to pick and choose accordingly. Best of luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes