Whats your brightness setting?

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
When i bought my Lumia 520, I usually set it on auto brightness but then I heard that it drains batter so I usually set it on 'low'. But I would prefer 'medium' because I love my screen ti glow. But I want to know about the battery drain difference in your phone with 'low' and 'medium' brightness. Anyone with 'medium' brightness enabled 520 experienced huge battery drain?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
When i bought my Lumia 520, I usually set it on auto brightness but then I heard that it drains batter so I usually set it on 'low'. But I would prefer 'medium' because I love my screen ti glow. But I want to know about the battery drain difference in your phone with 'low' and 'medium' brightness. Anyone with 'medium' brightness enabled 520 experienced huge battery drain?

Do one thing set the brightness to auto when you are in a dark room it lowers the brightness where the low still glows and eats the battery in the dark room. Auto brightness is best way as it uses your phone ambient light sensor to adjust your screen. It does not have a huge impact on battery life.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
All my devices-laptop, cell, and mp3 player, are all set to the brightest level possible. A longer battery life does little good if I have to strain to see the screen!!

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
When I am at my desk, the phone is usually plugged in, so I usually have mine set on high. I'm old, and my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be, so I need all the help I can get. When I go out and need battery life I turn on the automatic dimming.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Always low for me since I don't like ytoo much contrast on my screen. Medium setting when I'm outside riding

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

WeirdFM

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Have you noticed any difference between first setting brightness to either "low" or "high", and then enabling auto-brightness? I ask because at first I found the screen to dim too much in low light on "auto", but now I've set brightness to high and then on auto, and I don't have the problem anymore.

Also, for people who have problem with auto brightness, try turning off "Dim on power save" on Nokia's display+touch options. At least on mine it further dims the screen even when battery is full.

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Have you noticed any difference between first setting brightness to either "low" or "high", and then enabling auto-brightness? I ask because at first I found the screen to dim too much in low light on "auto", but now I've set brightness to high and then on auto, and I don't have the problem anymore.

Also, for people who have problem with auto brightness, try turning off "Dim on power save" on Nokia's display+touch options. At least on mine it further dims the screen even when battery is full.

I faced this problem that the screen becomes more darker than 'low' when on auto brightness even though its not on Battery Saver. I will try this solution by setting the brightness to high and then enabling Auto brightness

imZadok

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The low/medium/high setting adjusts the range of brightness levels that auto brightness can use. I always set mine on high and enable auto brightness.

Colby Lee

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I keep mine on medium. Auto brightness drains your battery more, because every time your brightness changes, the charge on the bulbs have to increase/decrease power, which isolates a portion of your battery just for the task...its like gas in your car...you burn more igniting the fuel when you crank it than you do letting it idle for short time.

-Experience in electrical systems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro