4g or 3g only

chocolateyum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Does at&t sell a 4g version of this phone on their website? Just curious cause I went to their webpage and it looked like they did. I just bought mine from the Microsoft store and it said 3g so I'm not sure they are the same phones even though they are the same price. Thanks.

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The phone is 4G capable under HSPA+. Here in LA I have been able to get at highest 10Mbps D/L but the phone is rated to be able to go upto 21.1Mbps.

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
But in reality it's not 4g. I hate the fact that it can be called 4g when it's really fast 3g vs very fast 4g/lte. Still plenty fast for most of us and a great phone just not lte fast.

mogelijk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
If you want to get technical, most LTE is not currently 4G. It is really only LTE Advanced, the newer LTE standard, that is technically 4G. The problem with the term "4G" was that, when initially implemented, no one could afford the technology that delivered actual 4G, so carriers used the "4G" term for the original LTE, Wimax, and HSPA+, to distinguish it from 3G speeds. We likely should have been calling them 3.5G, or pre-4G, as all of them were faster than 3G speeds but not as fast as the 4G standard required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes