Amber Update through service center

Ashwin Divakaran

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I Have Nokia Lumia 520. I heard about the GDR2 Amber Update and i really to update ASAP.
The problem is im now living in an area where there is limited network and Wifi is also out of the question,so i am unable to download the update.I was wondering if i could update to GDR2 at the nearest service center if possible?

Rahul Nirwan

May 13, 2013
Visit site
The update for 520 isnt available for now but will be released later. Only 920 and 820 updates have been released. 620 update will be coming soon. 520 and 720 users have to wait for their updates.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Doing OTA is better as your data will be preserved and everything will be as it was once the update has finished installing on your fone...I'm not sure if the service center will have WiFI installed, they will most likely flash your phone(which in case you will lose all your settings,apps and data) using NSU? Hope somebody answers your topic with a up-to-date info :)

gautam12

May 6, 2013
Visit site
No Gdr2 is available on service centre yet but yes when India gets an OTA update , you can ask service centre guys to update your phone. They will flash your device with the new OS so you will lose all your data except Memory card data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte