Alternative ways of saving contacts?

deathnes39

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello, guys! Just recently I've bought a lumia 520 and I'm incredibly satisfied with it, except for one thing and that is the way it saves contacts. Personally I don't like saving all of my contacts on a Microsoft or any other accounts. I just want to save contacts on the phone without having to sync with any other services. My concerns are that saving your contacts list online makes it easily hackable which I do not want to happen. Is there any way I could save my contacts in phone ONLY?
Thanks in advance.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
As far as I'm aware there is no way of saving your contacts offline. In fact, online contact storage and the way that Windows Phone works with online services and the cloud is kind of a major selling point and feature of the core of the OS itself. Windows Phone is a closed system, meaning that it's going to be incredibly difficult to break into it and the way Microsoft police the store you won't find malicious apps on your phone, so there's little to no risk of any of your information going where you don't want it. This isn't android. You really don't have anything to worry about.

deathnes39

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I realise that it is incredibly difficult to break into the phone however, my concerns are - if someone cracks my microsoft account's password, they will have an easy time going to outlook.com over the web, sign in and have my contacts list.
It's not that I have a super private contacts list, but I was just curious for any alternative ways of storing the list. One that doesn't involve internet...

Thank you, anyways, a very fast reply! :)

Siddhartha Vuriti1

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello, guys! Just recently I've bought a lumia 520 and I'm incredibly satisfied with it, except for one thing and that is the way it saves contacts. Personally I don't like saving all of my contacts on a Microsoft or any other accounts. I just want to save contacts on the phone without having to sync with any other services. My concerns are that saving your contacts list online makes it easily hackable which I do not want to happen. Is there any way I could save my contacts in phone ONLY?
Thanks in advance.

just use "transfer my data" app from nokia. you can backup all ur phone contacts to sd card as vcf file...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss