Music player

popescu andrei

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Ok, so i enter the standard music player switch to songs (cause i like to see all songs while listening like a winamp playlist) but there is a # and underneath him there are like 100 songs called "Unknown artist" so i have to move down down down (takes like 10 sec) and then the songs start to be arranged by the alphabet. How can i remove or hide the # thing cause is very frustarting?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Ok, so i enter the standard music player switch to songs (cause i like to see all songs while listening like a winamp playlist) but there is a # and underneath him there are like 100 songs called "Unknown artist" so i have to move down down down (takes like 10 sec) and then the songs start to be arranged by the alphabet. How can i remove or hide the # thing cause is very frustarting?

you can swipe to the "songs" menu as suggested. Also, in all the menus i.e.. Artists, Albums, Songs, tapping on any of the tags (# or any alphabet tag) will bring up the alphabet and you can then tap the letter you want to jump to. No need to keep scrolling till the end of the list.

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
also, to make it so that there's not a ton of unknown artists coming up, use one of the many mp3 tagging software which let you change the artist name/title of any music file, that way your phone will show the proper artist/album names instead of a ton of "Unknown artists".

popescu andrei

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
You got me wrong, i switch to songs and under the # there are music files under the name "Unknown artist" and when i play them they work but they have no name, artist. There are like 150 songs like that, then they come as alphabet a,b,c but there are not all of them, some are lost in the unknown artist thing. I put my songs to the phone by copy and paste trough the data cable. The music files are all .mp3 but seems the phone doesnt support some of them thats why they appear under unkown artist. Is there a program that i can transfer music to the phone either than copy/paste? it may work.
O found this on web Music always categorised under Unknown Artist and without album art. - Microsoft Community . he has the same prob, maybe you can understand better from his post and help meh:)

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Ah. Use a software called Mp3tag to add/correct artist names and other metadata of your songs. Then the phone will correctly read the names. The artist, song and album name are not taken from the file name but from the tags.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion