Uploading pictures to forums

JCooperpcola

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
How the hell do I get this phone to upload pics to forums not supported by tapatalk? Photobucket don't work. The attachment bar on forums does not work?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk RIP "dam phone"

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
How about a link to SkyDrive?

Yes, but there's a little more to it Laura. The link won't work unless the permission is set to "public".

Skydrive works. It took me a while to figure it out, coming from 4 generations of iPhones and using photobucket (copy and pasting the IMG tags into forum posts).

Here's how to do it:

Once you have your pics uploaded to SkyDrive, go to the full site with your phone, (don't bother with the SkyDrive app for this) browse to the pic you want to post, then over on the right side of the screen click on "sharing", then "share".

On the left side of the screen you're looking at now, choose "get a link", then on the bottom right, click on "make public" and then click "close" (Don't worry about trying to copy that link that was generated here). The pic is now "sharable". Just click on "view original" and copy the URL that's in the bar here. Paste it into your forum post between the IMG tags.

Like this:
Capture.JPG

The important part is setting the permissions to "public"... Hope this helps...

Last edited:

JCooperpcola

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Just tried SkyDrive. Dam what a piece of crap. All the work involved in just one picture and it still does not work. Why the hell can't photobucket just work right on this phone, I miss my Android.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It's not a piece of crap, it actually works really well. There's just a little learning curve to it. There's really not much more work (same amount of clicks) than sharing from photobucket.

Go back and follow my instructions again.

Sharing - share
Get a link - make public
Copy the URL
Paste in your forum post.... Easy!

Remember: IMG (in brackets) before the URL of your pic, /IMG (in brackets) after the URL. (don't forget the forward slash! - See Pic above)

Patience! You'll get it...

JCooperpcola

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Too much work compared to Photobucket. Really not liking the windows phone so may be getting another Android this afternoon.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree that Photobucket needs to update their WP8 app. It hasn't had an update since it's release (someone needs to bug them), but I've got the Skydrive sharing on the phone thing down to a science now and haven't missed PB one bit. Not to mention Skydrive hosts all your photos at FULL resolution without compressing and downsizing them like PB does.

Remember you are on an entry level phone there with the 520. I think your experience would have been a lot better with a higher end Nokia, but if you've already made up your mind, I'm sorry to see you go. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss