Nokia 520

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
hello I new guy to windows phones I have a few questions about the 520? as a courtesy AT&T is sending me a 520
but I don't know anything about the phone. I was trying to read a little about the phone but the best source are the ppl that use it.
what are win phones all about?
are they good for emails ie BB,or just a lot of social networking. I don't use face book or twitter I will be using it talk text directions
PTM. when did this come out or how old is it and it still a good deal
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Noika 520

Windows Phone has a pretty good email client that should cover all of your basic needs. Also that phone can make a good media player (provided you pop in a Micro SD card).

For a low-end smartphone it offers a smooth and generally good-quality experience. It's certainly not going to set the world on fire, but for something you're getting for free you really can't go wrong.

emagius

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
It's a relatively recent phone, but it is the lowest-end Windows Phone 8 device. If you're familiar with iPhones, it's probably equivalent to something between 2009's 3GS and 2010's iPhone 4 (closer to the 3GS) in terms of performance and usability, but with much worse 3rd party support and lots of missing basic features.

On the other hand, it's the best smartphone in its price range (about $100 off-contract).

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's a relatively recent phone, but it is the lowest-end Windows Phone 8 device. If you're familiar with iPhones, it's probably equivalent to something between 2009's 3GS and 2010's iPhone 4 (closer to the 3GS) in terms of performance and usability, but with much worse 3rd party support and lots of missing basic features.

On the other hand, it's the best smartphone in its price range (about $100 off-contract).
so even free not so good I was hoping it would get me familiar with win phones to see if i would go it over IOS ones or one but it dont look like it.
if its low end you wont get the full experience of a win phone.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
You will get a perfectly adequate experience. It's lacking some feature, like a camera flash and a front-facing camera, the screen is not an HD resolution, etc. But Windows Phone is designed to run well even on low end hardware and this will give you a superior experience to comparable Android phones. So it might not be lightning fast, but it will be smooth.

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
You will be shocked how good the 520\521 is. I argue it's closer to a 4s than a 4. I had to choose to keep or sell 521 or 920 as i had both and the choice was tough. 520 is no slouch!

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
thanks there's a few of these phone on the market. if I were to make the switch to windows phone whats the next step.
I see phones are getting lager they almost look like small tablets.
I don't what something to big I think the 4 or what I have now 4.2 BB is about as big as I want to go.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
A Lumia 520 is definitely a good way to give Windows Phone a trial one considering how cheap it is. Although I must say, I really like phones in the 4.5"-4.9" range. I guess it just comes down to what you're used to, but the extra screen real estate can be really nice, especially since most phones these days make good use of that extra space by packing higher resolution displays than the iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon