Nokia Lumia 520 internet connection problem - please help

Prashant Parapurath

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Recently I brought lumia 520 but am facing problem with internet connectivity.

Am using internet through my service provider....

The problem is the connection to edge gets disconnected after every 5 minutes, in order to restore the connection either i need to switch off my device or switch on & off flight mode. It works for another 5 to 10 minutes thats it.

Is this a software issue or issue with the phones hardware or am i missing something in terms of settings.

Regards,
Prashant:unhappysweat:

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
That sounds strange, and I haven't heard of it before, so it's probably not a issue with all phones. It could be a hardware or software issue with your phone, but it could also be something wrong with your simcard.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Recently I brought lumia 520 but am facing problem with internet connectivity.

Am using internet through my service provider....

The problem is the connection to edge gets disconnected after every 5 minutes, in order to restore the connection either i need to switch off my device or switch on & off flight mode. It works for another 5 to 10 minutes thats it.

Is this a software issue or issue with the phones hardware or am i missing something in terms of settings.

Regards,
Prashant:unhappysweat:

if you are a docomo or a vodafone user then there net server are down right now in some states

LAtM

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Gosh this is happening to my nokia Lumia 720 as well. I have to switch off my phone and start it again, hoping to get a wifi signal. My internet connection is going great with devices like my laptops. It is very unsettling to switch off the mobile every 5 minutes.

Thanks,
LAtM

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Have internet connection problems on Cell C network from time to time.. What are the correct APN settings I've got 2.. Cell c witch was standard after black update and Cell C internet witch I was told to create... Confused please HELP 🙈

Sent from my RM-914_im_south_africa_242 using Tapatalk

ivdza

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem with my 520,i tried everything,APN settings,turning off and on data connection,soft reset,deleting some recently added apps but nothing. Then i did hard reset and its ok now. My ohone is sim free without carrier contract,i am on prepaid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos