my Win 7 PC doesn't detect lumia 520

Patchlogan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Also my Win 7 PC doesn't detect lumia 520
First mistakenly i thought Zune app is the solution, but its'not. Since Zune are meant for XP
I already install "WindowsPhone" and still doesn't work,
change usb connection to the back port, still doesn't work.
already Ask to service center, IT guy there try to connect my lumia 520 to his laptop, still doesn't work. so he give up.

Please somebody tell me what's going on and how to fix this. it has been 4 month since i bought it.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just had this issue with a Lumia 920 on windows 8, fellow forum dweller helped me out and I will pass the knowledge onto you! Simply plug in your windows phone to your PC, and reboot the phone, as it boots, it will be detected and there! (also make sure your phone is not at the lockscreen and at the start screen instead :)

Patchlogan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
already tried it, window phone icon does appears in PC tray icon (this is the good news), but it blank (still is the bad news). There's nothing in it. No picture detected, no music detected, no video detected. pure blank.

Also i had installed Nokia Suite. Like last thread forum suggested. Then appears statement " Your Phone does not have USB Mode". and also suggest I turn "connect via USB" in my lumia 520, which i can't find that on-of switch.

Patchlogan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
it's so ridiculous why window phone can't connect to win 7 PC easily? i Love lumia cause the interface more beautiful than android, but why oh why this have to happened?

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the cable that came with the phone? In my case if I plug the phone with a noname or a Logitech cable the phone will not be recognized. But with original cable it's all ok.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Make sure your phone isn't locked and try going into your folder options in control panel and making sure you're set to view hidden files and folders.

Patchlogan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
i'm sure the cable is Nokia original which came with my lumia 520 box

Yes darkest.white, you have told me to unlocked My lumia, even rebooted it. In my pc, i always set view hidden files

Patchlogan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
For weeks i contemplate to upgrade to win 8. Especially since vinscg suggesting win update.
BTW, since darkest.white has connection issue even he use PC win 8, It surprise me.
So. even win 8 does not solve connectivity problem.
Window Man, please help me.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha although your point is valid, I highly recommend updating to 8/8.1 anyway! Its an awesome system and have huge performance gain advantages!

ionutz b

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
i had the same problem, and after i tryed everything ( installing and uninstalling drivers , updates, etc ) the problem was solved with reinstalling a clean win 7 o. s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss