How much battery life do you get on your 520 ?

prado786

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Another thing it came to my notice is, the network connection at my work place does not have proper signals is it true that if the signal strength is weak it consumes battery?

How much battery backup does a lumia520 give with an average usage of 2hrs music, 1hr of games, 1 hr of attending calls & 1 hour of browsing in 3G? Does it give 2 days backup? Or there is problem in mine, as you said i will check it for another week and let u know. Does flipkart accept my problem to replace the model?

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm unsure of "normal" battery life (i currently dont own a 520)

As for network coverage, it's understandable that the device would use more power with a weak network but it shouldn't use that much more than it would on a strong network. The screen is buy far the biggest consumer of power. Why do you think the old phones with very low resolution small screens lasted several days on a single charge even if you gamed on it permanently.

I do not know anything about flipkart unfortunately.

ujori89

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine no more than 20 hours. Also i have amber. I use very much facebook app. Cause i speak with my friends. Browsing , instagram,whats up. I dont use very much youtube, music player,radio. Camera sometimes on a day.

prado786

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm unsure of "normal" battery life (i currently dont own a 520)

As for network coverage, it's understandable that the device would use more power with a weak network but it shouldn't use that much more than it would on a strong network. The screen is buy far the biggest consumer of power. Why do you think the old phones with very low resolution small screens lasted several days on a single charge even if you gamed on it permanently.

I do not know anything about flipkart unfortunately.

You didn't tell how to correct the time estimate, as each time it is showing wrong information? Does this problem come as manufacturing defect cuz in terms and condition for replacement there is a point saying replacement for manufacturing defect. So telling this problem and battery drain quickly issue i have, will they replace the piece? I'm puzzled

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Changing battery time estimates are common in all devices, but it should fluctuate in a more predictable manner as the battery cells become more active and balance out with use.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Those who are running the black update, how much battery do you now get with extreme use and have you noticed an improvement over the battery life you got with Amber ?

Rizwan Ajaz

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
i have bought lumia 520 two days back... its battery timing is very poor... 3-5% drops every hour unlike what is said in specification.... whats the problem??? i need replies guys??? Help me out

stamatis1

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
So.... I m using my Lumia as a radio/music player device mostly and the battery life is amazing ! 1 hour of radio just dropps my battery -3%! Plus i got only -1-0.5% battery drain per hour on 2g . When i switch to airplane mode the battery just stays still :p 0% drain
With light/medium usage my 520 lasts 2/2.5 days.I could use some more on screen time though :S but the battery life is surprisingly good for me!:D

Bogdan Gheorghe

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I usually get 2 days but I got more.
I have WiFi on all the time (even if 3G is on) and 3G (browsing/fb, a little bit of yt sometimes etc.) + music + games from home to work and from work back home.
This usually means 3 hours or so.
Home I'm on WiFi.

Last time when I got a day (never got less) I was on a mountain field trip in areas with low cellular/3G coverage and I ket the 3G on almost the entire day.

So far 520 has offered me the best battery life I've seen. And I had quite a few smartphones 'till I got it

voidcx

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I fully charge it in the morning before I head off to school for about 7 hours and use it lightly so I'd always get home with >95%. After that I would use it moderate til about 9 or 10pm which is around the time it enables battery saver

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I get about 40 to 50 hours on Lumia Black with normal daily usage (slightly better than Amber by a few hours).

I don't use that many apps though and hardly ever play games.

batterylife.PNG

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140308_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140308_0001.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05