How much battery life do you get on your 520 ?

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
If a similar thread to this one has been posted specifically only for the 520 then please post a link to it and my apologies :(

I know I have posted similar threads to this in other sections of this forum but I wanted more battery usage statistics for the 520.

How long is your battery life and how much do you use your phone ? Eg 20 hours of YouTube or browsing, calling. Etc

Also please indicate if you have updated to Amber.

RiyanR

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
About 15-20 hours for light texting/ WhatsApp use. I found (before I updated to Amber) that it drained 1-2% every 2 hours or so without using it.

RiyanR

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Can't really say for definite. I would say Amber has had an effect on battery life (just ever so slightly decreased) but so small it's still worth getting.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Can't really say for definite. I would say Amber has had an effect on battery life (just ever so slightly decreased) but so small it's still worth getting.

How much battery would you say you get for browsing ? If you use your phone for browsing ofcorse.

Ramkumarvcbe

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I use my Lumia for hardcore browsing, play games like Temple Run, Rail Rush and other games, and few mins of phone calls.
And, the battery lasts for only 8 hours.:unhappy:

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I use my Lumia for hardcore browsing, play games like Temple Run, Rail Rush and other games, and few mins of phone calls.
And, the battery lasts for only 8 hours.:unhappy:

Thats EXCELLENT, my current phone I'd have only 3 hours for non stop browsing. (no gaming) (I have htc EVO 3D and soon to convert to lumia)

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I use my lumia 520 as a hotspot to connect my lumia 920 to the internet at all times. I have a 4g data only sim card in my lumia 520. with H+ network and wifi tethering on my lumia 520 (with rare light use e.g. wpcentral app, light web browsing, news) I get the phone to last about 16 hours and not less. I aslo bought the 520 with amber pre-installed.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I use my lumia 520 as a hotspot to connect my lumia 920 to the internet at all times. I have a 4g data only sim card in my lumia 520. with H+ network and wifi tethering on my lumia 520 (with rare light use e.g. wpcentral app, light web browsing, news) I get the phone to last about 16 hours and not less. I aslo bought the 520 with amber pre-installed.

How much "screen on time" do you get with the 520 ? As the screen is the biggest consumer of power.

ionutz b

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
With moderate use ( 1 , 2 hours of browsing , gaming, music, 2 hours of talk ) my battery last aprox 2 days and a few hours, with intense use i get aprox 1 day of battery life, and with heavy use ( over 4 hours of browsing, 3 hours talking, gaming ) i get under a day battery life.

vishu_lumia

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
well it must be weird bur for me battery consumption is more in Battery saver mode with Data off than Data on Particularly after GDR3

by the way i am getting around 26-27hrs for the past 10 days(Post GDR3) with Not so Heavy use

prado786

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I've bought lumia520 last week, there some issues keep bothering me,
1. the battery backup- my daily usage is 2-3 hours playing music,videos & games, 30min. of browsing overall my usage is 4 hours per day, rest of the time it's idle. I charge it overnight, in the morning it shows 100%, i may play music for an hour in the mrng, i don't use it in work for 9hours, then in the evng for 1 hour for music, 20- 30min. games, 15mins. browsing at times playing youtube videos for 30mins. At end of the day battery goes to saver mode, showing critically low then i keep it for full charge overnight. Till now i'ven't made much phone call hardly 10-15 min. and no messeging. Battery is draining down fastly. My friend has a lumia510 his usage is more than mine he makes phone calls for 1 hour, plays music, games & browses net 2-3 hours but still his battery does not drain, his lasts for 2 days, if his usage is more it will come atleast for 1day and half or a day and he is using the phone since 4 months. If he listens music for an hour battery goes down by 2-3%, but in 520 it goes down by 10-15%. But, i'ven't used my lumia520 very much eventhough i need to keep it charging daily. The battery is draining very fast. Is there any problem with the battery should i need to replace the battery, or it's common for all Lumia520's or it's only in my phone. Does lumia510 has better battery backup than 520?
2. The time estimate shows different timing at every 10 mins. One time it shows Time estimate remaining 2 days, after 1 hour it shows 1 day other time it shows 7 hours, and another interesting thing i've noticed yesterday is, it showed time last charged 268 days 10 hours, after some time it showed 1 day 8 hours. There is something really going wrong, how can i set the time estimate correctly. My friend using L510 has not found any problem till now. Comparing to Lumia510 , 520 has better features and performance but i'm facing this battery draining fast. Please suggest is it problem with the phone or battery? Since i've purchased through online and still i've 20days of replacement guarantee, can my phone be replaced for my problem? If not phone may be replacement of the battery is it possible?
This is really worrying me since this is my first smatphone, I'm waiting for your suggestions, please do reply. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I've bought lumia520 last week, there some issues keep bothering me,
1. the battery backup- my daily usage is 2-3 hours playing music,videos & games, 30min. of browsing overall my usage is 4 hours per day, rest of the time it's idle. I charge it overnight, in the morning it shows 100%, i may play music for an hour in the mrng, i don't use it in work for 9hours, then in the evng for 1 hour for music, 20- 30min. games, 15mins. browsing at times playing youtube videos for 30mins. At end of the day battery goes to saver mode, showing critically low then i keep it for full charge overnight. Till now i'ven't made much phone call hardly 10-15 min. and no messeging. Battery is draining down fastly. My friend has a lumia510 his usage is more than mine he makes phone calls for 1 hour, plays music, games & browses net 2-3 hours but still his battery does not drain, his lasts for 2 days, if his usage is more it will come atleast for 1day and half or a day and he is using the phone since 4 months. If he listens music for an hour battery goes down by 2-3%, but in 520 it goes down by 10-15%. But, i'ven't used my lumia520 very much eventhough i need to keep it charging daily. The battery is draining very fast. Is there any problem with the battery should i need to replace the battery, or it's common for all Lumia520's or it's only in my phone. Does lumia510 has better battery backup than 520?
2. The time estimate shows different timing at every 10 mins. One time it shows Time estimate remaining 2 days, after 1 hour it shows 1 day other time it shows 7 hours, and another interesting thing i've noticed yesterday is, it showed time last charged 268 days 10 hours, after some time it showed 1 day 8 hours. There is something really going wrong, how can i set the time estimate correctly. My friend using L510 has not found any problem till now. Comparing to Lumia510 , 520 has better features and performance but i'm facing this battery draining fast. Please suggest is it problem with the phone or battery? Since i've purchased through online and still i've 20days of replacement guarantee, can my phone be replaced for my problem? If not phone may be replacement of the battery is it possible?
This is really worrying me since this is my first smatphone, I'm waiting for your suggestions, please do reply. Sorry for the long post.

How long have you had the phone ? I'd recommend using the phone for 2 weeks (14 days) batteries tend to need to balance out. See how it goes after this, if the problem still remains, get your replacement. Why take any risks ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12