Alarming Battery Drain in 520

rnvipin

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

Sorry if there is another similar thread, I can't find a proper one yet. Starting Yesterday, my Lumia 520 gets it battery drained quickly. I've recharged it 100% by 1130 and by night 2000 the battery level reached 25%, so I charged it again to make it 100% at 2130. I've put it in Silent Mode (no apps, wifi, Bluetooth, 2G/3G connections were turned ON) and woke up at 0630 today only to see that the Phone got switched off due to a power drain. It was an absolute shock for me. I recharged it again and went to the nearby Nokia Care. They said to have updated the Firmware to Lumia Amber (ID : 3046.0000.1329.10263) and asked me to check. The phone was reset, and it shown 12 hours to switch off with 75% left. I had to reboot the phone once after it was freezed and now the stats says 57% (with 1 day 7 hours left). I'm not sure whether this is fixed or its some bug. I never use any sort of Data connection, Games, Videos and even Music. The following apps were installed in the phone :

Note Plus, Advanced Free Dictionary, Battery+, Adobe Reader, CNN

I see many such issues when Googled, I would be grateful if someone can advise. Really wanted to know if its worth to keep this phone anymore.

Thanks,
Vipin

Last edited:

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

Sorry if there is another similar thread, I can't find a proper one yet. Starting Yesterday, my Lumia 520 gets it battery drained quickly. I've recharged it 100% by 1130 and by night 2000 the battery level reached 25%, so I charged it again to make it 100% at 2130. I've put it in Silent Mode (no apps, wifi, Bluetooth, 2G/3G connections were turned ON) and woke up at 0630 today only to see that the Phone got switched off due to a power drain. It was an absolute shock for me. I recharged it again and went to the nearby Nokia Care. They said to have updated the Firmware to Lumia Amber (ID : 3046.0000.1329.10263) and asked me to check. The phone was reset, and it shown 12 hours to switch off with 75% left. I had to reboot the phone once after it was freezed and now the stats says 57% (with 1 day 7 hours left). I'm not sure whether this is fixed or its some bug. I never use any sort of Data connection, Games, Videos and even Music. The following apps were installed in the phone :

Note Plus, Advanced Free Dictionary, Battery+, Adobe Reader, CNN

I see many such issues when Googled, I would be grateful if someone can advise. Really wanted to know if its worth to keep this phone anymore.

Thanks,
Vipin

Perhaps you have a faulty phone or battery. Can you exchange it for another? That battery drain sounds atypical.

rnvipin

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've found the problem, I thought I would update this for everyone to know.

I charged the phone fully that night and kept in its case to prevent it from falling from the table accidentally (that almost happened the previous day). I reckon the phone went on searching for the Network and the battery drained. Some of my friends said this should have happened. Its almost a week now and I'm a happy user of the same phone :eek:rly:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss