When I go to add a contact, I get a choice of "Microsoft Account" or "AT&T Address book". Not sure which one I should choose. Where will the contacts be stored under each option and who will have access to them?
    10-24-2013 11:57 PM
    Microsoft account will store your contacts in your with your Microsoft email account (Hotmail/Outlook/Live accounts). I don't know about AT&T Address Book.
    salmith likes this.
    10-25-2013 02:04 AM
    But where exactly are the contacts stored? In the cloud or on my phone?
    10-25-2013 02:19 AM
    But where exactly are the contacts stored? In the cloud or on my phone?
    Both are stored in the cloud. AT&T Address Book - Safe and Accessible Contacts - Wireless from AT&T
    salmith likes this.
    10-25-2013 02:30 AM
    So can I move contacts info between "Microsoft Account" and "AT&T Address book"?
    10-25-2013 02:42 AM
    So can I move contacts info between "Microsoft Account" and "AT&T Address book"?
    The contacts will always be in the Microsoft Account, since that is necessary to use Windows Phone.

I saw no purpose for AT&T Address Book (or any other AT&T app). I deleted all AT&T apps that were preinstalled when I got my device.
    salmith likes this.
    10-25-2013 02:44 AM
    The contacts will always be in the Microsoft Account, since that is necessary to use Windows Phone.

I saw no purpose for AT&T Address Book (or any other AT&T app). I deleted all AT&T apps that were preinstalled when I got my device.
    OK, I'm a bit confused. I got a new Nokia windows phone, and spent some time typing in all my contacts from my old phone. I picked the AT&T Address book as the option of where to store the contacts. Based on what you're saying, will I have to type all the contacts again under the Microsoft Account?
    10-25-2013 03:04 AM
    OK, I'm a bit confused. I got a new Nokia windows phone, and spent some time typing in all my contacts from my old phone. I picked the AT&T Address book as the option of where to store the contacts. Based on what you're saying, will I have to type all the contacts again under the Microsoft Account?
    No, you will not need to type any contacts. They will automatically sync with your Microsoft Account. Microsoft account | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
    salmith likes this.
    10-25-2013 03:07 AM