DataSense without updates!

Ramkumarvcbe

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Many of my friends who've bought Windows Phone 8 in last 2-4 weeks, got their AMBER update pre-installed. I've bought my WP8 device 4 months before, and I don't have DataSense in my phone. Everyone is suggesting me to get the AMBER update, but I don't like to download this huge update. Is there anyway to get DataSense separetely?? OR Is there any similiar apps in the Windows Phone Store with all the stuff offered by DataSense??

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
No the only way is with GDR 2, why do you not want it? It is not huge, it is a small update and gdr 3 will be out very soon too so you should update!

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Data Sense is a GDR2 feature. Don't know about third party apps, but why on earth would you not want to update to Amber?

Ramkumarvcbe

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No the only way is with GDR 2, why do you not want it? It is not huge, it is a small update and gdr 3 will be out very soon too so you should update!

It said "You need to free up 5xx MB space to receive the update". So, I thought the update is worth 500 MB. How much it is actually?

Ramkumarvcbe

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Data Sense is a GDR2 feature. Don't know about third party apps, but why on earth would you not want to update to Amber?

Dude, you know about that. We cannot download huge apps(>30 MB) from Windows Store, right? We need to Wifi to download apps / updates. Currently, I've no access to Wifi, thats why, I dont like to download the AMBER. Do you get my point?

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
the download is probably 50 to 100mb but it requires extra space to uncompress the installation files and to install, can you not find free WiFi in a shop or cafe or something? You can download apps up to 50mb so try and see if it will let you download the update without WiFi

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
No there isn't any alternative, DataSense works because it has access to download counts that no 3rd party app can access so DataSense is the only way and will always be the only way

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720