are you still happy with your 520 ?

Alex Johnson3

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Their is one aspect of my 520 that pisses me right off. resuming the screen in call is buggy as ****. if you need to use numbers in call it is very difficult to get it to react appropriately. It will typically flash on and disappear again. this is highly disappointing because it is a basic function. FIX IT NOW NOKIA!

Neusyn

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I wish you could store apps and games on the SD.

From my understanding is that apps and games can not be installed on the SD card because of the fact the SD card is removable. Apps and games just like a regular PC are put into the registry. It is possible but I think MS doesn't want to for UX or space reasons.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Overall, I'm very happy with the 520. I purchased it the first day it went on sale at an AT&T store. I haven't experienced any significant lag. Overall, it's snappy and Windows OS is smooth. It's plenty fast for me, even with 4G. I use wifi most of the time. I've never experienced any dropped calls. A few times, the phone restarted when I streamed my music from Google Play on UC Browser. Otherwise, no random reboots. Of course, the app selection can be better, and I'm going to be patient that the selection and quality will be better. Metrovoice is on par with 1st party Google Voice. I love having FM radio. Standby battery life is much better than my prior S3. I like having a user replaceable battery. The $100 price tag makes all this even sweeter.

I'm going to be patient that more developers will be on board for more apps. Some of the drawbacks are that the apps are not as good as the Android equivalent. I'm hoping for a notification center, and perhaps, the rumored Cortana voice feature. I wish the camera picture quality was a better, but it's not a deal breaker.

p1800nut

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
After a couple months, I'm reasonably happy. I bought it for the incredibly low price as a way to try out Windows Phone and T-Mobile (coming from Blackberry and then Android on Sprint). My problems with reception have been limited to T-Mobile coverage issues, though the Wi-Fi calling helps make up for that. Battery life has been excellent--much better than Nexus on Sprint, though not quite up to the Blackberry 8330 or 9650 (which isn't a fair comparison). I'm not a heavy user and while I charge it every night I suspect I could get two days with my light use. I don't have any complaints about lag, but that's in comparison to Android, not higher end Windows devices. My primary complaint is that lack of flash--not so much because of the camera as because I like having a flashlight app. My other big complaint is the lack of a notification light or customizable text/vmail alerts, but that's a WP issue, not a phone issue. (I'm also annoyed that it takes two steps to answer an incoming call, and that the phone dialer seems to default to the call log rather than to the dialpad. Why?? Am I missing something.)

In short, for a non-power user who appreciates low price and long battery life more than all the bells and whistles, it seems like a great phone. I've been thinking about getting a Nexus 5, but I'm just not sure it's worth the extra $$$ (for my needs) and I really like having a removable battery.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
From my understanding is that apps and games can not be installed on the SD card because of the fact the SD card is removable. Apps and games just like a regular PC are put into the registry. It is possible but I think MS doesn't want to for UX or space reasons.

Of course everyone is different, but the vast majority of my storage is taken up with music and media. Apps are about 5 gb (and I think I have way too many apps). I wish I could put an sd card in my L920 for more music/videos.

tekgurl

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from a L920 so it's difficult to downgrade.
Pros
1. You get full Windows Phone 8 experience for a cheaper price. I love that WP8 is consistent no matter what the price is.
2. I like the compact size and weight compared to the L920.
3. I love the interchangeable backs. I bought 4 extra covers.
Cons
1. The resolution and screen brightness are horrible.
2. The lack of camera flash is simply ridiculous.
To put it simply. You get what you pay for. This phone feels cheap like the price tag.

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I very much like my 520 (521, actually). I like the screen quality most. Sharp, colorful. Battery life is good. Call quality is good. Reception is good. I actually think the camera is quite nice, in terms of how the photos look. There is a considerable shutter lag, though. It's probably the one thing that really bugs me about the phone. But, more on the positives, having a memory card allows you to store all your photos and music, and the 8GB of internal memory actually allows for a lot of apps to be installed.

There's a 525 coming soon, if you want to wait. But, seriously, for the money it's a great gadget.

chiragec99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have used Lumia 520 for 3 months.
Like it screen, touch and camera....
But dont like few of the basic things missed out in smart phone lumia :
1 Need to touch twice to pick the call
one has to first slide up then touch answer to take a call. this double touch make it quite tough to use.
2 no inbuilt application to send business card.
3 no options for smart phone like in dial pad when we dial no, it dont shows name and number from contact list which start with that initial digit entered. like, when we press 972 in dial pad, it should shows all the number start from 972 in the contact list.
4 no apps for true caller directly linked with incoming call and display name of person.

Few basic thing missed out.

I dont know why?

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have used Lumia 520 for 3 months.

Like it screen, touch and camera....

But dont like few of the basic things missed out in smart phone lumia :

1 Need to touch twice to pick the call

one has to first slide up then touch answer to take a call. this double touch make it quite tough to use.

2 no inbuilt application to send business card.

3 no options for smart phone like in dial pad when we dial no, it dont shows name and number from contact list which start with that initial digit entered. like, when we press 972 in dial pad, it should shows all the number start from 972 in the contact list.

4 no apps for true caller directly linked with incoming call and display name of person.

Few basic thing missed out.

I dont know why?

1. It is the way OS works. There is nothing that can be done.
2.What's wrong with installing app for this? Camcard is very fine app for this.
3. Yeah, that's a nuisance. But you can always use Rapdialer. May be they will fix in next big update.
4.No apps can do these things due to API restrictions. Its not gonna be changed soon.

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have my Lumia 520 for about 2 weeks now and am very satisfied.Very good product for the price.I expected better battery life but its not too bad.Gets me through a day with moderate usage.There is no lag so far and overall the hardware and software both are good.

chiragec99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes amit ji.

I am agree with you and i am happy with lumia ,

But good OS means complicated or simplified version.

Even voice recording function is also given under one note.

Anyways, fine that some one is there like you to support us against complications of lumia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium