are you still happy with your 520 ?

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
How long have you had the device and have you been disappointed about any bugs, unavailable software updates, battery, camera, speaker volume, display quality, features you will never get, etc....

Or are you still 100% happy with your 520 or wish you got a different phone ?

Pontifex

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I got my 520 a couple of months ago when my 920 was stolen. Considering the how cheap it is I think it is awesome. The battery life is about twice as good as on the 920. I miss a flash and better cam and the high quality of the 920. A pro is how light it is and the design. I keep it until the 1520 is available. The speaker sucks, but I don't mind. I don't wish I got another phone.

I'll give it 4/10 overall. 9/10 compared to the price.
For comparison I'll give the 920 8/10 and 7/10 compared to price.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's been 4 months + now that I have been using this phone. I was actually going for an HTC One X+ but I chose this one instead and saved the rest of the money. I don't know if it was a wise decision or not but compared to the price I guess this is the bomb. Better than any entry level smartphone for sure.

Camera dissapointed me. The quality sucks to be frank. If the light is just fine, the phone is able to click decent image but otherwise its all grainy. Second would be the lags. YES LAGS... :| Sometimes when I recieve a call the phone freezes and im unable to pick call. I have to pull out battery and restart. Though this happens very rarely but this pissed me off a lot. Frequent crashes and hangs which I suppose are due to the fact that Windows Phone 8 is just way too restrictive to allow browsers and the fact that the phone has 512MB of ram.

But then again.. For Rs 8500 this is the best thing...

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm..

To be honest, it varies day to day. I like that I didn't spend more than $100 for a semi reliable phone.

Pros:
- perfect size
- camera (I thought this thing would be awful in low lights but its not that bad)

Cons:
- lag (slows up from time to time, but not enough to make me throw it)
- signal reception (I have a LOT of dropped calls)
- app crash/restart (internet explorer can't handle intensive data sites and when I multi task back to things, it always refreshes)

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's been 4 months + now that I have been using this phone. I was actually going for an HTC One X+ but I chose this one instead and saved the rest of the money. I don't know if it was a wise decision or not but compared to the price I guess this is the bomb. Better than any entry level smartphone for sure.

Camera dissapointed me. The quality sucks to be frank. If the light is just fine, the phone is able to click decent image but otherwise its all grainy. Second would be the lags. YES LAGS... :| Sometimes when I recieve a call the phone freezes and im unable to pick call. I have to pull out battery and restart. Though this happens very rarely but this pissed me off a lot. Frequent crashes and hangs which I suppose are due to the fact that Windows Phone 8 is just way too restrictive to allow browsers and the fact that the phone has 512MB of ram.

But then again.. For Rs 8500 this is the best thing...

Hmmm..

To be honest, it varies day to day. I like that I didn't spend more than $100 for a semi reliable phone.

Pros:
- perfect size
- camera (I thought this thing would be awful in low lights but its not that bad)

Cons:
- app crash/restart (internet explorer can't handle intensive data sites and when I multi task back to things, it always refreshes)

This is enough to put me off...but I'm not sure if its worth paying close to double the price for an 820 or pay 3 times the price and get the 920, what do you think ?

The 520 and 820 are currently my only Windows phone options on an AFFORDABLE contract. I'm trying to decide which one.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
820 for sure. Its brilliant and i had taken it over 920.
I have been using this phone for past 9 months. It shows no sign of slowing down. I can change the back covers whenever i like. It has got expandable memory and only one in Lumia range (apart from flagships) to score 1GB of Ram.

Fired from my Lumia 820

Prakeern98_lumia520

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Cons:

I agree with the point of call drops but I experience lags very rarely and even my ie doesnt crash often....and refreshing of pages while multitasking isnt such a bad thing....

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
820 for sure. Its brilliant and i had taken it over 920.
I have been using this phone for past 9 months. It shows no sign of slowing down. I can change the back covers whenever i like. It has got expandable memory and only one in Lumia range (apart from flagships) to score 1GB of Ram.

Fired from my Lumia 820

And battery life ?

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm..

Pros:
- perfect size

Cons:

Man, you really expect a lot for 100 bucks! I don't have any of these problems.

ionutz b

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I`m still happy with my 520, i have concerns regarding sim contacts , lack of call duration and messages counter, but i`m happy to redescover it every day .

Neusyn

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for about 3 weeks and so far I have been impressed with it for the price ($80 at RadioShack). The only issue that bugs me is when I am browsing the music store, it's slow/laggy and sometimes closes out the page. I have an Xbox Music pass and I got this after a Lumia 900.
PROS
-MicroSD slot
-super long battery life
-changeable back over

CONS
-No flash
-No LTE

Everything else like NFC or a FFC would be nice but for this price I wouldn't expect to have them. I have ATT and only got this because my Lumia 900 lcd (not the glass) panel shattered, rendering it unusable, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the 520. I'd give it a 7/10.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I said this in another thread yesterday, but my boss, who is 100% apple, hates ms, bought one for his daughter. He was very impressed with the quality for the price. Says it's working out great for her.

my daughter was using my handmedown sammy focus and lost it. I found an L520 on amazon and combined with bonus points it cost me $25. It's been an awesome phone for her.

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Is the reception/dropped call problem entirely the fault of your phone or does your carriers signal share some of the blame?

I have the 521 which is the same device. I'm running T-Mo in an area where T-Mobile is strong and I rarely ever have had a dropped call while using the device. Now, if I travel somewhere where T-MO is not that good, I might expect more suspect signals. But thats not really the fault of the device.

For the price I paid for this device, I don't think I could have gotten more value for my $$. I've had it for about 6 months now and I've gotten my money's worth out of it and more.

That's all I can ask for any product I buy regardless of what it is and what it costs

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3