Flashing Nokia Lumia 520 From AT&T to Indian ROM

amitindia

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 phone which I purchased from AT&T and got it unlocked. Can I flash my phone with Indian ROM (059S1N6 RM-914 VAR IMEA IN CV) or do I have to stick with AT&T ROM?

Thanks,
Amit

dhack21

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not certain if you can flash a RM914 rom on a RM915 device. If your looking to just get away from a carrier branded rom the Brazilian CV worked great on my device.
Sent from my Lumia using Board Express

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not certain if you can flash a RM914 rom on a RM915 device. If your looking to just get away from a carrier branded rom the Brazilian CV worked great on my device.

I tried everything I knew (which isn't much :cool:) to flash an RM-914 ROM on my RM-915 device, but I wasn't able to do it. I even tried some of the tricks used on the 920 to do something similar, but nothing worked. If someone ever figures out how to do it I'd love to hear about it!

I have AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 phone which I purchased from AT&T and got it unlocked. Can I flash my phone with Indian ROM (059S1N6 RM-914 VAR IMEA IN CV) or do I have to stick with AT&T ROM?

You don't have to stick with an AT&T ROM though. I'm using a CV RM-915 ROM and it's working great! The only AT&T branding left on my 520 is the logo on the battery cover.

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I got a lumia 520 locked to at&t from us. how can unlock it to use it in india, if i flash it will it work with indian sim? can some one help me in this. I am using it as ipod from past 1month without sim

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Considering that you have already unlocked your phone, what are the advantages of switching to an Indian ROM? Just curious

You won't be waiting for AT&T to release device updates, instead your device will be updated when the Indian version of Nokia 520 gets an updated, and don't forget that carriers moan A LOT before pushing updates injected with their bloat and stuff.

tsoomoo

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
How did you unlocked RM-915 Lumia 520 GoPhone?

I have downloaded and tried Nokia care suite and data package manager. But it can't flash it.

Also, tried Phoenix software but it hasn't RM-915 in the list. Please give me the software links and steps which you used in.

Today is my son's birthday and I have purchased Lumia 520, but it was gophone. How to unlock it? Please help me. My son will arrive here soon. Need to prepare some delicious meal for him. I will appreciate any reply.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
How did you unlocked RM-915 Lumia 520 GoPhone?

I have downloaded and tried Nokia care suite and data package manager. But it can't flash it.

Also, tried Phoenix software but it hasn't RM-915 in the list. Please give me the software links and steps which you used in.

Today is my son's birthday and I have purchased Lumia 520, but it was gophone. How to unlock it? Please help me. My son will arrive here soon. Need to prepare some delicious meal for him. I will appreciate any reply.

When you say "unlock", do you mean flashing a CV ROM, or SIM unlocking? The 2 are not related to each other at all.

tsoomoo

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I meant sim unlocking. I understood you have sim unlocked? As I understood it is unlocked by replacing current rom by international rom. Isn't it?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I meant sim unlocking. I understood you have sim unlocked? As I understood it is unlocked by replacing current rom by international rom. Isn't it?

Replacing the AT&T ROM with an international ROM does not SIM unlock the phone. It will still be locked to AT&T service. I used a 3rd party to get the SIM unlock code. I did it awhile ago though, and since then AT&T has pretty much shut that door. I can't really advise you what to do now, except maybe bug AT&T.

bardell3600

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Just FYI. (may not apply in this discussion depending on where you purchase the 520)

Christmas time (12 days before until Feb 1st) the Microsoft Store was selling the 520's for $59 flat. I picked up two. The day I put the AT&T SIMs in I filled out AT&T's online unlock request. Within 60 hrs I had the unlock codes.

A couple of things to note:
  1. I did not buy the phones from AT&T nor one of their vendors
  2. I had an existing account with AT&T

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers