How to run internet on pc through lumia 520?

rampalnk57

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone... I have 2G data plan in my nokia lumia 520. I have a PC with windows 7. Can I use internet on PC by connecting my phone thru' data cable. Pl guide step by step. Thanks.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Your best bet is to get a wireless network usb stick or PC card for your PC, turning on Internet Sharing on your phone, and connecting your PC to your phone's hotspot. I'm not positive, but I believe that using the usb cable is not supported.

rampalnk57

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I tried the hotspot option but this also did not work. I have installed Nokia PC suite in my PC and connected phone thru' USB. PC could not detect the phone, it says the phone shd be in USB mode but there is no such option in phone.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I tried the hotspot option but this also did not work. I have installed Nokia PC suite in my PC and connected phone thru' USB. PC could not detect the phone, it says the phone shd be in USB mode but there is no such option in phone.

I don't think USB tethering is available on WP8 yet. you can only set it as a wireless hotspot.

DineshAzami

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
First of all in your lumia device , go to "mobile network" in setting menu. Turn on the mobile network in 3g or 2g. Then go to "internet sharing" , turn on wifi where your password will be visible. Take another android device and turn on wifi and connect with the password shown in lumia device by scanning devices, when you are connected with wifi in android device , connect your android device with data cable to pc . In wireless and network setting menu of android device , go to usb tethering, turn on usb tethering and now you are connected, Enjoy !!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3