Data Sense feature isn't accurate...

Kerry Andrews

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I use the Data Sense feature so that I know how much data I'm using to prevent myself from going over the monthly data limit, and it just came to my attention that it's not accurate in telling me how much data I've used and so I want to know if anyone else has the same problem. The Data Sense feature will tell me how much data I've used but in reality I've used quite a bit more than the number stated. I know this because when I log in to my mobile network account to view how much data allowance I have left, the number is different.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes that happens to me a lot. What I do is setting my weekly MB available (I receive 2GB so 500Mb per week). So this makes the app more accurate since if I put the entire 2Gb it's really really inaccurate :/

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine is also way off. On my Lumia 822 right now is telling me that I have 893MB left and my Verizon app says 1.5GB left outta my 4GB allowance for the month. Is there a way to recalibrate the app somehow?

vlad1337

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
My data sense seems to be buggy! Yesterday morning i checked it and it said "system" used 2 mb on cellular, and 27 mb on wifi, then in the evening i check again, it says that I used 6 mb cellular, and 20 mb wifi.

Also, what are people's "system" category internet usage (wifi and data)? I seem to clock around 200-300 mb per month having location, feedback and all those services off.

Thanks.

Warden607135

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes, after two years and Windows 8.1, it's still crap. Apparently I've used 30GB in the last month, when my carrier only allows 500MB (and they are happy that I've stayed within that limit). What is "System" doing?

If it this inaccurate, it's useless. There's no way I can gauge what to set the limit/warnings at.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss