Lumia 800 to Lumia 520

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys and girls
I currently have a Lumia 800 and about 7 months to go on my contract. I have the chance to get a Lumia 520 for next to nothing if I trade in my 800 with my carrier. Then once my contract is up I can see what is available with a new contract subsidy.
My question(s) surround how the 2 compare. I know the 800, in it's day, was a high end phone and the 520 is seen as somewhat entry level by todays standard but time and technology march on and looking at the specs they seem similar with the exception of the screen and the camera. Are you all with 520's happy with screen and camera quality and the overall smoothness of the device? I was thinking this would be a quicker entry into WP8 but would rather stick with my 800 if the 520 is going to feel a bit "basic" compared to my 800.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Do you need a camera flash for pictures? That is the main difference. The 520 does not have a camera flash.

Thanks, I hadn't considered that. I had to think about it for a minute but no, very few photos with a flash. I guess my days of taking selfies in the club are over, if they had ever started :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon