Lumia 520 Did I goof?

mralligator

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I just bought two Nokia Lumia 520's at Walmart online and then checked accessibility in my area. IT says the 520 will NOT work and the 521 (with t-mobile) will. Is this assuming you're just a corporate follow the rules person who won't mess with the apn settings? (My friend told me i could just fix the apn settings on the phone and it would work fine on Straighttalk and to pick up whichever phone was cheapest today)

Do I need to cancel my order or will I be fine?

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
It depends. For your StraightTalk SIM card, is it AT&T or T-Mobile compatible? If it's for T-Mobile, yes, you will have to get the 521. Which, by the way, is on sale at the Microsoft Store for 79.99. A little more than the 520, but still a great deal.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes att phone will work on t mobile. But att 520 comes locked. You need to unlock them to put a t mobile sim.

Alternative you can use 520 on att prepaid its similar price to t mobile. Yes you will get 3g.

For t mobile you need to get Lumia 521. Works on t mobile only.
You need it to unlock to work on att

For net and mms you need to have access point app

Sent from my Awesome Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
It depends. For your StraightTalk SIM card, is it AT&T or T-Mobile compatible? If it's for T-Mobile, yes, you will have to get the 521. Which, by the way, is on sale at the Microsoft Store for 79.99. A little more than the 520, but still a great deal.
This.

I just purchased a 520 at Walmart for $67. I have a StraightTalk AT&T microSIM that I had been using in an iPhone 4 for a year and a half. But for $67 I couldn't resist checking out what a WP8 device would be like. Works wonderfully once I configured the APN settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb