Should i sell my old 520 to buy 525?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
well if the enhanced compatibility with the high end games is worth the markup to you, go for it. otherwise, no point

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The 525 is too small of an upgrade from the 520. It's not worth paying another $100. You could wait for this rumored Nokia Moneypenny though, which is supposed to be affordable, has a 4.5 inch screen, Dual-sim option, and Windows Phone 8.1 out of the box. It will be released around Q1 2014.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Only if you're going for 1gb-req games, otherwise hardly a point. But it will help maintain your internet pages stay longer(multitasking) without reloading

Last edited:

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
I am going to buy the dual sim Lumia instead. Buy it instead of 525 other wise were are not any less than 9million i sheeps how bought iPhone 5s thinking its a new product.
525 is not a wort upgrade imo

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I am going to buy the dual sim Lumia instead. Buy it instead of 525 other wise were are not any less than 9million i sheeps how bought iPhone 5s thinking its a new product.
525 is not a wort upgrade imo

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

You'r right about 525 , the only upgrade is 1GB ram otherwise it's the same configuration. Im sorry- the iPhone 5s is a true upgrade, 5S over original 5 features better camera, faster processor(A7 with motion), actual h/w feature-- fingerprint scanner. Im not an iSheep but still, had to make a point :)

Last edited:

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I guess there will be performance enhancement post memory upgrade in 525 as the caching would be faster for apps,and i guess this is an indication that one will need minimum 1gb of ram to run future wp & nokia updates.so my take would be to upgrade,if looking for a bigger screen then better wait for 1320( more expensive).

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Its my own feeling that Nokia has missed a chance. I think they should have done a few more mods to the 520 and made it more desireable to the people who are thinking about the Moto G. I bought a 520 when they started selling them for under 100$. But I got it as a backup in case something happed to my 820. After I put a red back plate on it my wife decided she wanted it to replace her flip phone. So much for my backup. But they need something to compete against the Moto G. to hold and get more of the low end market. (Where most of the new growth is). I was surprised how nice the 520 was and I used it for a week or so (with the sim from my 820). Either they have to lower the price of the 525 or upgrade it more than what they did.. I may get a 525 as a backup to my 820; but it would be nice to add a few perks to the ram upgrade. HOw about a choice between 8GB or 16GB, how about a flash, they don't have to do alot; but make it a more attractive alternative to the MOto G. Now its possible the availability of the MOto G is not going to be that great, plus you don't have a removeable battery, or a SD card slot. Only time will tell.

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I read some reviews on motog and its said that the call quality is not upto the mark,also i think on android the memory limitations is a big drawback,it may have features but again to use them you need data,i remember my w950i and how much i was bound by 4gb limit:):),just my thought.Initially i read that this was supposed to be a music centric phone and i read the specs of 525 but still there is equalizers available plus more battery juice could have been pulled of but i guess then there must have been design restrictions.Any ways still a good set but expectations were more i guess.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
No body. I SAID NO BODY WILL buy a Moto g in developing country why?

It doesn't come with a charger. Where the hell one will find one if he buys a moto g. The will not have any moto to buy one more.
Also using a wrong type charger will just kill the phone or destroy the batter.

I am waiting for articles"moto g burned a house"

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
That is interesting, I had not heard that the Moto G does not come with a charger. Not doubting your insite but I find it really odd if it does not come with one. Amazon tried that with the second generation of its Kindle Fires and it blew up in their face. Got alot of bad press out of that blunder.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
In the Motorola page there is no mention of wall charger in "box contents" so maybe they are not including one. Its to save cost.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
That is interesting, I had not heard that the Moto G does not come with a charger. Not doubting your insite but I find it really odd if it does not come with one. Amazon tried that with the second generation of its Kindle Fires and it blew up in their face. Got alot of bad press out of that blunder.

http://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g-review-1021p2.php

Moto g comes only with a usb, a tiny one. Even no earphone. With such a think only a fool will buy it. And it a No No for your first smartphone.

Or be ready to burn your house

Sent from my snow phone 520 (RM-914_im_india_269) using Tapatalk

VNWindowsPhoneUser

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok, handson.
The performance is really good. A little bit faster than the 520.
Multi tasking is awesome. No need to "RESUMMING" anymore.
It has double tap, which will make it more convenient and faster to unlock the screen.
Gaming exp has never been better. It can run all games but 8Gb is not enough.
It has the same size as 520 so i didnt need to buy cover, flipcover

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss