How to connect Lumia 520 to Windows XP Service Pack 3

Praveen Dixit

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
PHONE: Lumia 520

Hey Guys,

I am using first Windows phone (Nokia Lumia 520). I want to get my favorite songs into my Lumia phone, which are stored in my Windows XP PC. I have installed Service pack 3 and ZUNE software also. But when I connect my Phone to PC, only battery charging shows. Please help me to connect my Lumia 520 to Windows XP PC.:crying::crying:

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I guess you device would show up in file explorer... Otherwise just format the card in Phone and use a card reader to put songs in it and then put it back on the phone.

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Zune was for WP7 devices. It won't work with WP8 devices. Windows Phone App is the alternative you get.

I know, but since he has Zune installed, i would think it would start up when he connects his Phone.
When i sold my L800 and got my L920 Zune was still on my pc, and it did start when i connected my new WP, i couldn't do anything with it, but it would be a dead giveaway in his case that the Phone is connected.

madyrocksin

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i don't have a solution for your problem, but just a piece of advise, give up XP !!

Even Microsoft has announced that in future they won't be supporting XP anymore, most of the antivirus companies are beginning to withdraw their product support to XP.
XP is not secured at all, probably your copy of windows is not original, if it is so try using windows 7 at least its great, trust me you will never miss xp.

Sorry for out of topic post !!

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Upgrading from XP would be wise, but if you insist on using XP, there are two thing you should do:
1. Make sure that the USB cable is functional. Poor quality of USB cables can cause connectivity issues.
2. Update the WP8 driver on your computer.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Goto Microsoft download site, download the MTP USB drivers for XP this will update the USB drivers for Windows XP SP3 this is a common problem with the 520, other WP use a different set of USB drivers, the 520 is dependent on the MTP drivers

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Also, Zune will not work with the 520 of course, Zune can detect the 920 but won't work with it, it will detect it because the 920 uses the standard PNP USB drivers, the 520 uses the MTP USB drivers, at least that is my understanding

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs