About to buy the 'Lumia 520' but still I see on forums peoples who their phones:
    Over heat, Shut down suddenly, their battery don't fit the pins, phone lock lag, my question is:
    Are those hardware fault and if yes, is it because user didn't took care of the phone?
    if no when will those bug get fixed ?
    12-30-2013 04:49 PM
    I'm sure there are some that are legit. The majority I would say no.
    12-30-2013 05:14 PM
    Its natural that most posts are of something negative. Thats just the way people are. IF most people have nothing wrong with their phone they don't say anything (maybe a few do). But lets say you have seen 10 or 15 negative remarks, out of the millions that have been sold. What are t he odds, nothing is 100% pefect, but 10 or 15 problems out of millions that are being used out there. NOT BAD.
    12-30-2013 05:50 PM
    Mine works great! I would highly recommend it
    12-30-2013 06:11 PM
    I know 2 people that have 520s. A colleague and my gf.

My colleague had an overheating problem when making an OS update, from GDR1(Portico) to GDR2 (Amber). He took it to service and he got a new phone, one that also had GDR1. He then updated without problems. The problem never appeared again. His phone works perfect now. The phone now never overheats.

My gf just bough her 520 a week ago and I personally updated her OS and apps. Everything went perfectly fine. The OS is snappy, all apps/games run great, I can't see absolutely no problem with it. I have a 820 and even I am thinking of getting a 2nd hand 520 as a backup device.

From what I've seen, there are 2 apps that can't make up their mind. GetMeRated (a social photo rating app) and SophieLens HD (photo filter editing app). GetMeRated sometimes closes when she tries uploading a photo and SophieLens HD sometimes (1/6 times I would say) won't start.

Anyway, seeing how the majority of WP8 devices are 512 MB ones: Lumia 520/620/625/720, Huawei W1/W1, HTC 8S, I think both those apps might be just temporarily buggy, so no worries there. For example SophieLens HD just had 2 updates these holidays, one bugs fixes, one Christmas filters. Maybe they were in a hurry and a bug came up.

All in all, I'm saying that issues exists on every type of devices. Physical and software. Most of the time these issues don't exist at all. So go buy yourself a 520 and start loving it. Trust me, you will.
    12-30-2013 06:27 PM
    I've had mine for 6 months, and not a single problem with the hardware. Apart from some apps crashing, my L520 runs very well. I'm beginning to appreciate more things about it. My Nexus 5 seems to drain battery while I'm in my office insulated from cellular data. Despite turning off mobile data, the battery level still sinks like a stone. I haven't figured it out. Meanwhile, my L520 holds its battery level rock steady in idle in the same environment. Anyways, if you look at reviews on Amazon, you'll find a lot of happy users, at least with the AT&T version.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    12-30-2013 07:47 PM