Nokia Lumia 520 can't connect to apps/game stores, please help

Pan Daftar

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Just bought my lumia 520 couple days ago. Everything works fine except the fact that i can't connect to apps/games stores. Everytime i tried, it says something along this lines "We can't connect to the stores right now. Check your data connection or try again later.". My data connection always on, and other connection-required apps works well (facebook, twitter, email, browsers). I've reset my phone and it still doesn't work. I've signed on Microsoft account. It works well.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Pan Daftar

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Oh forgot to mention. I've signed to microsoft account. That email i mentioned is the microsoft account (outlook).

So, any other ideas?

Pan Daftar

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
This is the error message "We can't connect to the Store right now. Check your data connection or try again later."

I'm frustrated..have asked all of my friends that use nokia 520 but none find same issues..Please help..

Pan Daftar

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm in Indonesia so i don't think u will know it but anyway i use XL Axiata.

Don't think it's mobile operator thing though. My friend uses the same operator and his works fine...

krsst5

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue. Tried calling ATT and they don't have a clue what is going on. Did anyone else happen to respond to you?

krsst5

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Pan,

I searched the Microsoft website forums and basically the end result was trying a hard reset (which basically wipes your phone and you start from scratch). Since the phone was new to me the only thing I had on there was my contacts so I did a hard reset and that worked. Everything has been working on the phone just fine for me now and I have downloaded about 15 apps so far with no problems.

Good luck

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue was that you had your region in your phone settings set to another country than where you are in.

You can re-create that same issue by going to settings->language+region and set the region to say united states (if in indonesia f.e.) and restart.

Then go into the store, and you'll see it cannot connect. Set your region back to your own country and restart. Go back into store and everything will work again.

NO hard reset really needed !

Hope that helps.

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hie
I am having the same problem.I called the Nokia helpline and the respond I had was to reset which is not practical for me.I tried the nokia live chat and I was told to return the handset to where I purchased and get a new one.I am so surprised that non of them have a clue as to what can solve the problem.Can someone assist please

Amit Dhaundiyal

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
i have problem at step 2. this is a new lumia phone and i am unable to log into it with my microsoft account...no sim card inserted but wi fi works ok...able to pullup web sites from ie with no issues....any ideas?

carmia cain

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Pan,

I searched the Microsoft website forums and basically the end result was trying a hard reset (which basically wipes your phone and you start from scratch). Since the phone was new to me the only thing I had on there was my contacts so I did a hard reset and that worked. Everything has been working on the phone just fine for me now and I have downloaded about 15 apps so far with no problems.

Good luck

I reset mine and it still doesn't work! Does anyone have anything else.

kuku_z

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys,

I had factory reset my Lumia 625, but couldn't connect to the Microsoft account during the initial setup as well as till now.
I have tried setting date + time setting, language + region manually too before trying to sign in.
The internet is working fine through WiFi.. i.e. loading pages in the IE. But can't download apps at all.

Please, someone help solve my problem. Thank you.

Ritwik Sondhi

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Seems like an old post but this issue still prevails with alsmost every lumia, for me atleast (520, 720 and now 1020). The solution is very simple, change your region settings to some other country then Restart, then change back to your own country and restart. Voila, everything should be fine now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon