A nightmare to remember!

Albert Fish

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Maaaaaan I decided to go Windows Mobile 8 and I went for the cheap but good Lumia 520. Oh great phone by the way, he overpassed my expectations. Is a very cheap phone but has more value inside that it seems at a first glance. However not this was my biggest problem.
I have my phonebook as Contacts in gmail. I exported the contacts in compatibility for Windows Live and surprise! When I imported them into my live account, I had only half the Information. The phone number was absent from all the contacts, and many other details. Doesn't matter.. I said.. Let's try import directly from the gmail and link the account to my life account. The same problem!
Well in that case and with over 500 contacts on my hands I decided to go spaghetti and solve the problem. First I exported a file with good contacts edited by me in Windows Live (on the website of course). Good.. Then opened both and made a comparison. The problem was, that the file generated by Google had the phone number (mobile number usualy) in the Others field. I don't get why. However Windows live generated a csv file in which the visibile phone number was in a field named Mobile! So.. I decided to move the numbers in the right fields by cutting in Excel. No way mate.. no f. way! Excel cannot be used to edit such things.. the + in front of the phone numbers just dissapered. Man.. I was going crazy. Finally I found a free csv (free for 30 days I guess) editor and made it. Man what the hell are they thinking? I mean nobody in there saw this problem? Is just me? Come on! Such big companies as Google and Microsoft should take care of such things, not the customer! The funny thing is I checked the Contacts in my gmail, and the phone numbers where in the right field, not in Other.. However when you export it in compatibility for Windows.. is moved to a field named Other.. Crap! Also I lost a lot of Information.. Not so important as the phone number of course, but I lost a lot of addresses.. etc. A true nightmare to remember! Oh by the way I recommend Windows Phone to anywone and if you don't plan to spend a fortune the 520 will not let you down. Is very fast, good screen, big resolution and the music is sounding fine for this price tag! You don't have so many apps as in Android but.. you have all that you need and I never seen an application crushing on Windows. Just on Android! I was very surprised in a pleasent way.. as I said before exceded my expectations by a nice margin!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
After a harrowing experience (most likely caused by Google), you still ended up with Windows Phone! That's the way to go! Welcome to the club! And by crushing, you mean crashing, right?

(The thread title doesn't really reflect the nature of the post.)

Albert Fish

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah.. crashing.. And yes I ended up with Windows Phone and to be honest I like it! But now some other kind of problems are showing up! Some of the songs I copied in my phone are not showing up in the artist list (nor in album list, nor in track list) .. I tried editing id-tags.. anything.. the songs are still playable when you jump on the player and keep pushing next track till you reach the desired one.. but you can't choose it from the list.. man this is getting frustrating..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos