Can I ask a Dumb question about frozen (temp wise) screens on the 520?

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the 520 last week from best buy using gift cards I got for xmas. I chose free shipping not knowing that Best Buy was using Ups sure post which apparently takes a lifetime. So needless to say this phone has been sitting the town over from me for a few days at the local UPS place. It says its scheduled to be delivered Friday but I know that means to the USPS and not me. We are experiencing freezing and below freezing temps where I live and also expecting a blizzard tomorrow and Friday. Should I be prepared for this phone to come with a cracked screen? I'm just assuming UPS keeps this stuff outside in trucks or canisters? Does this happen with phones? I wish BB would have mentioned it was shipping sure post otherwise I would have just paid the 20 bux for shipping. Any info on this subject would be great.

Jessica Lares

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Not dumb at all.

I'm pretty sure they have the temperatures under control where they keep packages. Because some of it is perishable, has batteries, and whatnot. When they have delays, they stick them somewhere safe. It'll usually tell you when that's the case on the tracking.

I took my 520 out in the snow in November to take pictures. It managed fine.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. The packaging should protect it and I doubt it is that delicate but in the small chance that the screen is cracked, I'm sure Best Buy will replace it. I have an iPod Classic and it has mostly been kept in the car for the past few years. I live in Pennsylvania so it has gone through freezing cold as well as an extremely hot car. I'm actually surprised it hasn't died yet, but I would think that the Nokia build quality is at least as good as Apple, if not better.
I would recommend signing up for the UPS MyChoice program. For future packages that do happen to be shipped by SurePost, you will have the option of changing it to standard UPS delivery for a small fee or even picking it up at the UPS station.

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, when I checked the tracking this morning it said there was an exception and that ups was going to deliver today and it would not be transferred to the post office because of the pending blizzard. Appreciate the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans