New to the 520 but not WP

NYRbeezer

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
The story of my life. I have been on ATT since it wasn't att. In my area it went from Cellular One to Cingular then to ATT. I was due for an upgrade, and not knowing of the pending 8 release, I got the Lumia 900. A month later 8 is released. Ok no biggie as 7.8 was coming and at least it would have the look. We all saw how that turned out. As of Nov 2013, I still have a year before I can upgrade, and buying a phone outright for 500 bucks is not something I am comfortable with. Yes I know we pay for subsidized phones anyways, but still. So when these 520 deals came around, I got one. I can understand going from what was once considered a high end phone to this one. I notice the differences in materials and build quality and screen. But if I look at it from a standpoint of not knowing what a higher end device is, I would think this is a perfect phone for the price. I know the cool thing to do these days is to say oh we don't need Instagram or Vine or even snapchat, but the truth is, I do. It's the reason I'm staying. It was getting very frustrating being on 7 and not having these, even though two of the three were just recent releases. I've been on every brand imaginable, and through many phones since 1997. I just don't know what it is about this phone, but it's just a simple home run, at least for me. I figured being a 50 dollar phone during the sale, I would get something that would disintegrate in my hands in a few days. So far so good, and I'm banking on this thing getting me through the next few months until I can upgrade properly back up to a little higher end device. I know I am preaching to the choir, but Nokia, nice job and this phone and the work MS is doing getting bigger name apps is what kept me on the platform. Kudos to all! Happy New year!

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I would also consider a gently used 920. Even after a year, it still is holding its own. The only thing I'm leery of is hearing about a bunch of hardware issues. It's nice to have a warranty.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I would also consider a gently used 920. Even after a year, it still is holding its own. The only thing I'm leery of is hearing about a bunch of hardware issues. It's nice to have a warranty.
I would 2nd looking for a good used 920. They're dirt cheap. I just got a red one in perfect condition for $125 off Craigslist. I've not had any hardware issues with the two 920s I've had. They're still relevant even now that they're a year old model.

NYRbeezer

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

I don't buy used electronics. I know what I put my electronics through and I don't trust some joe schmo telling me his had no issues...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb