The Lumia 520 Black Update Thread

MameTozhio

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
As you most likely know, the Lumia Black update is rolling out.

The update brings:

- All features from Windows Phone 8 GDR3

- Glance with more font colours and notifications for texts, IMs, missed calls, email, etc. (Not available on 520)

- App Folders

- Bluetooth LE

- Nokia Refocus

- Nokia Camera

- Nokia Storyteller

- Nokia Beamer (Not available for 520 as of this moment [April 18th 2014])

- Double tap to wake and option to disable button vibrations

Current status on updates:

Africa
Asia Pacific
Europe
Latin America
Middle East
North America

Please feel free to discuss anything about this update here!

Last edited:

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The 520 won't receive the Glance Screen feature and Nokia Beamer.
Glance Screen has been disabled by Nokia on the 520, and Beamer requires at least 1GB of RAM.
Nokia Camera works perfectly on the 520 (including Manual Focus!). I am currently running its beta version on my 520.
I can't say anything about Storyteller though.

MameTozhio

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Glance Screen has been disabled by Nokia on the 520, and Beamer requires at least 1GB of RAM.
Nokia Camera works perfectly on the 520 (including Manual Focus!). I am currently running its beta version on my 520.

Alright, thanks :)

mrvhin1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Storyteller requires at least 1gb of RAM as well.

Lloydbm4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
As you most likely know, the Lumia Black update is rolling out. I haven't seen a thread here for it.. so here =P

Here are some changes in the Lumia Black update:

- Glancer with more font colours and notifications for texts, IMs, missed calls, email, etc. (Not available on 520)

- Nokia Camera

- Nokia Storyteller (Not sure if 520 supports?)

- Nokia Beamer (Not available on 520)

- Maybe more that I have missed, I got this info from the video on nokia.com

Current status on carrier updates (US and Canada, if you post the ones from outside CN and US, I'll put them up):

Canada -

Lumia 520 on Chatr Wireless - Waiting for approval
Lumia 520 on Koodo - Waiting for approval
Lumia 520 on PC Mobile - Waiting for approval
Lumia 520 on Rogers - Available
Lumia 520 on Telus - Available

United States -

Lumia 520 on AT&T - Waiting for approval

The update brings:
Home-screen folders - ** Folders is now a seperate Nokia update found in the Store: App Folder | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Glance screen - show date, time, new notifications and up to 5 apps for quick opening via the lock screen (not on 520)
Bluetooth LE
Nokia refocus - an app that changes the focus on photos for diff effects
Nokia beamer - send photos, docs, etc to any HTML5 enabled screen (not on 520)
Nokia storyteller - app organizes your photos into collections by date and location (not on 520)
Nokia camera - combines smart camera and pro camera into one app

Most of this brings the platform closer to being on par with features found in iOS and Android. The 8.1 update should finish off that job later this year.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
App Folders work on Lumia Amber as well - even without Update 3. Refocus, Storyteller and Beamer are probably not compatible with Lumia 520. Nokia Camera works, and I'm using the beta.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Will we get double tap to wake after black update??
as Lumia 625 has got it after black update and there are chances that low end devices will also get it.

mrvhin1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Will we get double tap to wake after black update??
as Lumia 625 has got it after black update and there are chances that low end devices will also get it.

Lumia 625 already got the Black update?! You sure? And if double tap will indeed be added after the Black update, that would be nice! I hope Glance is added too, but I can only wish. :(

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 625 already got the Black update?! You sure? And if double tap will indeed be added after the Black update, that would be nice! I hope Glance is added too, but I can only wish. :(

yaa in lumia 625 after black update there is double tap to wake.
if you want you can check it on google or visit wmpoweruser

Fuad Huda

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
i still waiting for lumia black update, Indonesia. Nokia beamer n Storyteller not support,. but i have some friend instal this app in they device l520.,

mrappbrain

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to clarify, there are a few things in this update which will not be available to the Lumia 520 due to hardware limitations. The nokia glance screen will not be available since the nokia Lumia 520 doesn't have an AMOLED ClearBlack display. The nokia beamer app, which is different from photobeamer in the sense that it allows you to share your whole screen and not just photos, will not be available due to the lack of RAM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb