The Lumia 520 Black Update Thread

Igor Tomic

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I go the black update on my Nokia Lumia 520. Works Amazing and I updated to gdr3 via preview for developers. Loading time is a bit faster and the phone is more fluid. But I dont know why we dont get refocus, beamer etc... And the glance screen, cmon it can work for lumia 520 cause it does have a sensor. But i thin they did it on purpose. I dont want to buy a new phone just for the glance screen! Microsoft please enable glance for lumia 520 u wont loose money dont worry. 😞

Sent with my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I go the black update on my Nokia Lumia 520. Works Amazing and I updated to gdr3 via preview for developers. Loading time is a bit faster and the phone is more fluid. But I dont know why we dont get refocus, beamer etc... And the glance screen, cmon it can work for lumia 520 cause it does have a sensor. But i thin they did it on purpose. I dont want to buy a new phone just for the glance screen! Microsoft please enable glance for lumia 520 u wont loose money dont worry.

Crying about Glance is getting old. Availability of Glance has nothing to do with the proximity sensor or any other sensor. Neither does it have to do with it being LCD or AMOLED. According to Nokia, the screen of the 520 just isn't capable enough to sustain the low power state required for Glance. Forcing Glance on this phone will result in massive battery drain and flickering on the screen. If you really wanted Glance, you should have gone for 620 or better.

Lucianin

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!

I have a L520, RM-915 with Amber + Preview for Developers.

My problem is that when I tried to update, I have the error: "The boot loaders in FFU file are not signed for this device. RKH of device"

Anyone know the source of the error?

Is it because I have the RM-915 and want to install the RM-914 EU IT VAR VAR CV and CV EURO1 GB?

Thnx :D

MameTozhio

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!

I have a L520, RM-915 with Amber + Preview for Developers.

My problem is that when I tried to update, I have the error: "The boot loaders in FFU file are not signed for this device. RKH of device"

Anyone know the source of the error?

Is it because I have the RM-915 and want to install the RM-914 EU IT VAR VAR CV and CV EURO1 GB?

Thnx :D

you'll brick it if you try to flash RM-914's. Your lucky that signature prevented you from flashing it.

k_dinesh06

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Guys,

I was able to update my Lumia 520 to Black Firmware and i got Double tap to wake screen option enabled and it is working 100% successfully.

Nishant Sirohi

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
guys just uninstall some apps and that immediatly frees up space, once u update your phone, you can easily get them back,
most apps like facebook, instagram and news readers can be easily retained to what they were by logging in again
as for your data being in internal memory, running a smartphone with expandable memory without memory card, is a crime

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Pictures speak for themselves.

Are you sure you have the Vipnet variant? From your manufacturer name, I would have guessed that you have the country variant. Either way, congratulations.
The Black update doesn't introduce many new features if you were already using the Update 3 preview.

Tribanj

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure you have the Vipnet variant? From your manufacturer name, I would have guessed that you have the country variant. Either way, congratulations.
The Black update doesn't introduce many new features if you were already using the Update 3 preview.

I don't know. Yes, I've had Update 3 Preview.

Snap1.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss