The Lumia 520 Black Update Thread

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
My AT&T L520 received black OTA today. Seems a little smoother, but I still have 1.2gb of Other.. My hotspot unlocked as well.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Telus (Canada) Lumia 520 and the update is still 'waiting for approval', but something I noticed on the screenshots posted was that the Hardware Revision Number is different from mine. Its 1.6.0.1 and mine is 1.0.0.0. Does anyone know what the difference is?

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Received the Black update for my AT&T L520 here in California as well as a number of Microsoft updates. Just sat down to start playing around with my phone to check it out - will report back later.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a Telus (Canada) Lumia 520 and the update is still 'waiting for approval', but something I noticed on the screenshots posted was that the Hardware Revision Number is different from mine. Its 1.6.0.1 and mine is 1.0.0.0. Does anyone know what the difference is?

Before mine updated, my HRN was also 1.0.0.0 - now it's 1.6.0.1

Also, the Nokia North America Availability web page for the Black Update also still shows "Waiting for approval" for AT&T L520's here in the US so hope your Provider releases the update for you soon!

PS - love being able to finally add Custom Notification Sounds!!!

Last edited:

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
My AT&T L520 received black OTA today. Seems a little smoother, but I still have 1.2gb of Other.. My hotspot unlocked as well.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

I received my update (AT&T L520). I had the Developer's Preview GDR3. The double tap to wake appears to be working much more reliably.

How did you get your hotspot unlocked? Did you pay for a tethering plan?

Last edited:

Delta336

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Also received the Black update on my AT&T 520 today. I do have the Developer's Preview GDR3. The double tap does work, did not work before update;. Unable to see any info on the phone concerning the 4.0 upgrade to the Bluetooth.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I received my update (AT&T L520). I had the Developer's Preview GDR3. The double tap to wake appears to be working much more reliably.

How did you get your hotspot unlocked? Did you pay for a tethering plan?

I didn't sign up for tethering, I'm on a 2gb mobile share. I don't think it includes tether.

darkmajesty06

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Same here, Just updated to black in southeast mo! Just updated.. so I'm still figuring everything out! Will my ringtones work as the custom notification sound or will a new folder pop up when i sync my pc and phone for notifications?

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Also received the Black update on my AT&T 520 today. I do have the Developer's Preview GDR3. The double tap does work, did not work before update;. Unable to see any info on the phone concerning the 4.0 upgrade to the Bluetooth.

The Lumia 520 is supposed to have Bluetooth 4.0 enabled with the Amber update.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Same here, Just updated to black in southeast mo! Just updated.. so I'm still figuring everything out! Will my ringtones work as the custom notification sound or will a new folder pop up when i sync my pc and phone for notifications?
Any ringtones/sounds you put on your phone will work for SMS notifications but there appears to be a 10 second maximum length limitation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6