The Reason Of Duplicated Songs

Mostafa Saleh

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Simple answer after many try to find out the reason ....

Memory Card

I format my sd card many times and nothing happen but when I try to copy music to phone memory every thing is going ok
so i'll format my sd card out the phone with sd card reader and see

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You're right the memory card is the issue. However in my opinion it's the main issue and SD cards are a complete and utter pain in the behind.

Your idea may or may not work. I tried several things as well. What I found to be the issue is this: Your phone makes a separate list of songs on the actual phone memory. This is/was a software glitch on the part of WP. Only an update could fix this issue in any real sense.

Once your phone is updated to GDR3, do a hard reset afterwards and things should be fixed. The hard reset in my eyes is necessary. Make sure the SD card is not in the phone when doing the reset and that it is clean formatted before returning to the phone.

Then add your music.

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
You're right the memory card is the issue. However in my opinion it's the main issue and SD cards are a complete and utter pain in the behind.

Your idea may or may not work. I tried several things as well. What I found to be the issue is this: Your phone makes a separate list of songs on the actual phone memory. This is/was a software glitch on the part of WP. Only an update could fix this issue in any real sense.

Once your phone is updated to GDR3, do a hard reset afterwards and things should be fixed. The hard reset in my eyes is necessary. Make sure the SD card is not in the phone when doing the reset and that it is clean formatted before returning to the phone.

Then add your music.

You are wrong, because i had this issue with no memory card in the phone, gdr2 amber. I solved it by delecting all my music the copying it back.

jorgemariom

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I testes a lot of solutions, for me worked:

-format SD
-reset phone
-format SD (again)

And the problem never comeback again

Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Tapatalk

Mostafa Saleh

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
OK
here what i'v done ... i format SD card outside the phone with card reader default format not quick FAT 32 unit size 8192 bytes my SD card 16 GB it takes about 50 min on windows 8.1 x64 , after i insert SD card to phone every thing is going ok , i feel that SD card read and write speed become little faster
hope it's work with you

Hotrippr

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Please guys try this out and confirm for me: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/206708-2.htm#post2316907
I think all the hard resets and reformatting are totally unnecessary, please prove me wrong so we can stop the madness!
My reasoning which someone here also mentioned is phone and Sd keep their own duplicate records, but only by deleting using the phone interface will both records be deleted. As soon as you delete from Sd via windows explorer and later decide to put the songs back, the problem will return. Both records must be deleted. This is why guys are getting 4 copies, because they reformat without clearing out the Music folder in the phone every time. Here in this post are some options: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/205464-7.htm#post2318791

Last edited:

arijit singha

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
My advice for these problem is: whenever you delete your music or video file just delete it from your phone.

these is happened when we delete songs from pc and save it again.because phone memory build a cache of that file on phone memory.so when we delete the file from our pc its unable to delete the cache so if we again save that file its again build a cache of that file which make duplicate file.
I am not 100% sure about the problem but I try the solution which works for me.

Hotrippr

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My advice for these problem is: whenever you delete your music or video file just delete it from your phone.

these is happened when we delete songs from pc and save it again.because phone memory build a cache of that file on phone memory.so when we delete the file from our pc its unable to delete the cache so if we again save that file its again build a cache of that file which make duplicate file.
I am not 100% sure about the problem but I try the solution which works for me.

Exactly what I just said, except I am 100% sure. This is totally inefficient. However, what I am not sure of... is if you can delete multiple files using the Destop or Modern UI Windows Phone app which should delete both files from phone and Sd in theory that is.

Super-Hans

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I just don't understand why Microsoft haven't fixed this if it's been an issue for well over a year.

I like the Windows Phone but this is exactly the kind of problem that puts me off buying one in future, Android would have fixed this issue within a few weeks.

Shambles.

L625.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't just "format" it dude !

Make sure you format it with these settings :

File System: exFAT
Unit size: 4096 bytes (smallest option)

WP automatically formats SD cards in FAT32...also most when buying will have standard FAT32 pre-format...
Unfortunately NTFS is still unsupported on WP, so no journaling...

Still, FAT32 causes a lot of corruption on most SD cards, especially regarding image files, mp3's, and read/writes on larger files (freezes).
exFAT should eliminate some, if not most of those issues.

Here is one example of ppl running into issues with FAT32 already some time ago :

Lumia 822 SD Card corrupting - Nokia Support Discussions

Most of those issues are still in play today, so the information is still valid.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
They still have not addressed this issue? Gasp!:angry: Pretty sad on MSFT part it's been well over a year now and they seem to be ignoring the bug fix.

Giovanni Quarantini

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 520 keeps showing duplicates of songs...

I switched off Xbox whatever, formatted the card etc. no joy.

the only way to make it work is to take out the SD card and connect it to the PC with its adapter and a card reader. if you copy the music that way it seems like it's not gonna show as duplicate.

the issue seems to be related with the phone-computer USB connection...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa