HERE+ for Lumia 520

I_am_beat

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just wanted to know a little more about L520 HERE Drive and HERE+. I know that for now it's possible to have free navigation only for one country. Is there any possibilities to have full HERE+ with all free maps to download?

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just wanted to know a little more about L520 HERE Drive and HERE+. I know that for now it's possible to have free navigation only for one country. Is there any possibilities to have full HERE+ with all free maps to download?

All maps are free for me in the UK. I will test it now just to check

EDIT: I just downloaded Australia and it was free. All the maps are free.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
There's a difference between Here Maps, Here Drive, and Here Drive+. The maps are free to download, but navigation is available for only one country on Here Drive.

I_am_beat

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
There's a difference between Here Maps, Here Drive, and Here Drive+. The maps are free to download, but navigation is available for only one country on Here Drive.

I see. So you can have all the maps for free but offline navigation still will be available only for one country? Yes? Is there any rumors about full offline navigation for this L520?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
All maps are free, but, if you travel you won't be able to use here drive, you must make an in app purchase of $20 to get here drive+, which will allow you to use drive everywhere you go.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Based on Nokia's website you can upgrade from HERE Drive to HERE Drive+ through the WP Store.
Help - General - HERE - City and Country Maps - Driving Directions - Satellite Views - Routes

If you are getting an error, just contact Nokia support and they can sort it out for you.

Users of Here Drive can BUY upgrade to Here Drive+

Forgot your glasses when you posted that one I guess ? ;)

I concur, if you have HERE Drive only in your country, you are out of luck for HERE Drive+ unless you pay some dineros.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Users of Here Drive can BUY upgrade to Here Drive+

Forgot your glasses when you posted that one I guess ? ;)

I concur, if you have HERE Drive only in your country, you are out of luck for HERE Drive+ unless you pay some dineros.

Have no idea what you are talking about; I clearly said you can upgrade through the WP Store, that should automatically imply that you need to pay for the upgrade. Why the hell would there even be an upgrade if it was free?

Also whether you have HERE Drive or HERE Drive+ does not depend on the country you are in, but on the phone you buy. i.e. low end phones have only HERE Drive, while the high end models have the full HERE drive+.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
an upgrade does not neccesarilly imply one needs to pay for it.
I think it is important to mention the word "buy" to avoid confusion !

And I have L520 with Nokia Drive, which only has realtime nav nationally but does have the offline maps for free, so I do know the difference. No need to patronize me.

I simply think it is important to mention one has to BUY Drive+ upgrade in order to have that functionality if on a low end phone.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
"an upgrade does not neccesarilly imply one needs to pay for it."

It kind of does when you mention the 'WP Store' in the same sentence.

Regardless let's then just agree to disagree on the need to use the word 'buy' in this context. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans