[HELP] Lumia 520 won't start

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, so i was at the beach today and the phone was exposed to very little amount of water for a really short time, I disconnected the battery, left it to dry in the sun for good time, then i put the battery in and turned it on, the Nokia logo appears on the screen for a long time then the phone turns off, i tried again and this time i got the nokia logo but for really short time and then it turns off.
When i tried for the 3rd time it didn't do anything no vibration no nothing
I think the phone is bricked, i tried connecting to PC but it won't show the USB connection, not even in the device manager.

My question: Will nokia fix the phone as it is still in the warranty period ?
is there anything i can do to fix the phone, because i wanna keep the nokia repair option to the end because i think this is a software issue?

Please help me,
Thank you all

Last edited:

kartic

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
i think you battery has finished. try to connect charger for long time or if your phone is in warranty then contact service center for best help :)

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
i think you battery has finished. try to connect charger for long time or if your phone is in warranty then contact service center for best help :)

Hi, i checked the battery on my other lumia 520 and it has 17% so now i am charging it using USB and i am not sure if it is charging or not, however i wanna make sure if nokia will fix this kind of issues (water exposure)

mrappbrain

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Water may have entered your phone's components and caused some corrosion. Place your entire phone, with the battery removed, inside a tub filled with uncooked rice for 2-3 days. Uncooked rice draws out water from the phone. Then try to switch it on. If this doesn't work, then you might need to go to nokia care.

Ahmadd Albert

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,,anyone can help me? I have l520 problem. Every take picture or screenshot the file always duplicates,,in my album shows 2 or 3 duplicate file..please help me howto fix ths problm

kartic

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,,anyone can help me? I have l520 problem. Every take picture or screenshot the file always duplicates,,in my album shows 2 or 3 duplicate file..please help me howto fix ths problm

i think problem is with your SD card. change your pictures storage to phone memory in settings and then see if it make duplicated. and also format your sd card first via pc with card reader and then with your phone. it should fix your problem. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss