Screen stays on after pressing power button

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
So I have an odd issue with my Lumia 520 that maybe some people can help me with...I bought the phone in November upgrading from HTC Titan running WP 7.8....well I use my phone, all is well, until I go to turn off the screen...I press the button to turn off the screen and the screen goes black, I can see it is still lit, nothing displaying, but doesn't quite shut off. I know it doesn't shut off, because if I immediately press the power button to light up the screen again, it doesn't show anything until the back-light goes off...this only happens every so often and only lasts seconds, but still can get annoying at times. Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried to remove all applications that I could think of, disabled a lock screen application, but hasn't helped.

I am running the developer preview on the phone, don't remember if it did it before because I upgraded it almost as soon as I got it.

Thank you!

windoors

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
This is normal, Lumia 520 screen remains lit for 4-5 seconds after pressing power button. If you press power button again during this time it will not work!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This is normal, Lumia 520 screen remains lit for 4-5 seconds after pressing power button. If you press power button again during this time it will not work!

this is not normal , my Lumia 920 does not suffer from this so why Lumia 520, there is hole left in the software and may be,black will fix this up.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
its a bug, the way you trigger it is by turning the screen of, then on again real quick, basically to avoid the issue, wait a few seconds before trying to turn the screen on again (atleast thats my issue with a L521)

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
you got black you lucky sob!

great to know thats fixed, its never really been a huge issue for me, but its nice to have that minor annoyance gone! thanks for the heads up

anon(8407492)

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Im really glad black fixes this. I use my phone alot in the dark and since we don't have such a fancy amoled its kinda ugly. Luckily black is "coming soon" for my country.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
In Amber, the screen used to stay a 1s awake after I've hit the lockscreen button. I just thought that the interface was quicker to react than the display itself.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
its actually an interesting issue, it seems more like the display hangs, when I watch it happen to mine in the dark, I can see it vaguely flicker, as if the software keeps telling it to shut off but it keeps kicking back on

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism